Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
I know its pre-season, but is there an argument that, as it stands, he should be first choice striker?
Has an uncanny ability to find a yard of space in the box.

You weren't sure about him, as recently as the start of the week......

Where have I changed that opinion?

Swanson had a few moments but thought the two young midfielders can again feel they did about as much as anybody. Hopefully see more of them in the next two games.

Bit better than Wednesday but still some rustiness there.

Really impressed with the stadium.

1 minute ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

You're saying there's an argument for him to be considered first choice starter. That's quite a way off your earlier stance.

It's not.

I still dont think anyone can confidently say he'll be good enough for us, nor do I believe he could be our "15 goal striker".

But at the same time neither are Kane or McMillan, and Hendry is at least getting goals so probably deserves the first chance to stake his claim in the new season.

The two points dont conflict.

It’s worth remembering that Hendry didn’t miss any sitters and scored a couple of goals last season. Something Tony Watt struggled with. Don’t get me wrong he’s not as good as Watt was but as it stands he’s earned the right to start unless we bring anyone else in. Let’s face it Kane played out of necessity as Watt wasn’t signing a new deal. McMilllan hasn’t scored for 9 months and has never looked brilliant and the young guys are all going out on loan. The less said about O’Halloran up front the better.

So right now, it’s Hendry’s to lose as far as I’m concerned.

McInnes been speaking about May...

We’re happy for Stevie to go out on loan and get regular football and try to catch fire for somebody with the option to come back in January.

If he feels that he wants to go on a permanent deal, then we’d maybe look at that.

But we’re not shutting the door on him. I’ve spoken to managers who are interested and I’m sure there are other clubs interested.

Get this season long loan, with a recall option in January, in the fucking sea. We need a first choice striker this season, and the idea of losing him in January and having to scrabble around to find a replacement in that cesspit of a window is utterly unappealing. Loan doesn't benefit us either, realistically we shouldn't be relegated even with the striker we have, as MOH, Kennedy,Swanson, Wright, Wotherspoon should all be providing enough goals, so helping Aberdeen by recovering May for them doesn't appeal either.

Let's not get carried away with Hendry as our starting Striker. Yes the boy has potential but in my opinion, he is not ready to be our main striker in the SPFL  I believe Tommy also thinks this, hence a striker is his top priority. Scoring friendlies is one thing but scoring regularly in the SPFL is another.

SPFL defences will not give him as much room as he got today.

He did good today.

5 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I remember a few years ago @perthsaints77 whilst with his daughter got called a fenien or similar from a bunch of Rangers* fans. Is there any kind of religious background to St Johnstone?

No.

Guest Moomintroll
Didn’t realise Rab B, Random Guy  and Kincardine were all mates. 
Great to see though.
That is an absolute disgrace on every single level.

8 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I remember a few years ago @perthsaints77 whilst with his daughter got called a fenien or similar from a bunch of Rangers* fans. Is there any kind of religious background to St Johnstone?

Bhuddists, probably.

13 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Saturn.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

King Billy says hello. @ali_91

IMG_20190706_210559.thumb.jpg.d487dd33924bdd03c935f10c36c3f2de.jpg

Always like a bit of cross-country skiing action.