Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

No idea how the trialist striker played against Glentoran, but I dont think he'll be getting signed based off this game.

Seems decent enough but would just be another 2nd/3rd choice striker.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Goal Saints. Hendry header off a corner

I know its pre-season, but is there an argument that, as it stands, he should be first choice striker?

Has an uncanny ability to find a yard of space in the box.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know its pre-season, but is there an argument that, as it stands, he should be first choice striker?

Has an uncanny ability to find a yard of space in the box.

He’s definitely got to be a serious contender out of the options we have.  He did look better playing in a front two than as a lone striker for me, in the limited matches he played last season.

Decent goals to games ratio as well.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

He’s definitely got to be a serious contender out of the options we have.  He did look better playing in a front two than as a lone striker for me, in the limited matches he played last season.

Decent goals to games ratio as well.

Agree about the playing in a two, still doesnt know how to close down properly on his own.

McMillan fresh airing a free volley from 10 yards, and Hendry missing a one on one from the edge of the box, sums up the issues we have. Trialist striker missed a penalty and Kane couldn't manage a shot. May surely couldnt be any worse.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Hendry scores another header off a corner.

Is this Saints back to being a threat from corners, or are linfield just really bad at defending them??

Kerr scored the second header

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

More singing from Saints fans in this pre-season friendly than there was at McDiarmid Park all last season.

We really should open more bars at McDiarmid and encourage all day drinking on match days.

Or we should bring Stevie May home every week. Stevie May Stevie May Stevie May etc