Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

My only worry is it feels like it's unlikely any, proven, "15 goal striker" will be available at this point now. 

Could fully believe we could've signed one on a PCA, but we probably aren't going to spend the money required on a fee, and I'd be surprised if anyone of that quality will be going out of contract in a week and hasnt/doesnt get offers from bigger clubs.

Feel like we're hanging our hat on a loan deal showing up late in the window, which would be a sketchy plan at best.

20 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Would not be a window without most saints fans panicking about something or other. Have a little faith

I don’t know if your referring to my post or not, all I was saying is if we had been planning for this window for a year then you’d expect more to have happened. Why are we trimming the squad? Is it because the budget has been lowered?  

Surely with Alston, watt, Easton, shaughnessy, bell, keown, comrie and could even had mark hurst all going out we must have a bit of money to play with especially since we’ve brought very little in. 

I don’t know if your referring to my post or not, all I was saying is if we had been planning for this window for a year then you’d expect more to have happened. Why are we trimming the squad? Is it because the budget has been lowered?  

Surely with Alston, watt, Easton, shaughnessy, bell, keown, comrie and could even had mark hurst all going out we must have a bit of money to play with especially since we’ve brought very little in. 
Have a look back a year on this thread and all the knicker wetting that was going on and then look at the first 2 weeks in July when Kennedy and Watt were signed and how the mood changed. Plenty of time for signings yet.

I know better than to panic after last year. It took until the middle of July to get motoring but there’s no doubting the quality we brought in with a bit of patience. I’m struggling to see where a 15 goal striker is coming from but I’m sure Wright will be trying and the board will back him as best they can. 

I agree that it seems unlikely now we'll sign a striker who scored 15 goals or whatever (i.e. proven) last season. 

The problem is that TW's eye for guys he think might reach that level hasn't been great to date.

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

I agree that it seems unlikely now we'll sign a striker who scored 15 goals or whatever (i.e. proven) last season. 

The problem is that TW's eye for guys he think might reach that level hasn't been great to date.

His centre forward signing record isn't great at all.

League record, according to soccerbase...

Brian Graham - 24 games, 9 goals

Graham Cummins - 32 games, 8 goals/ 30 games, 5 goals/ 15 games, 1 goal

Tony Watt - 30 games, 3 goals

Denny Johnstone - 20 games, 2 goals

Callum Hendry - 12 games, 2 goals

David McMillan - 4 games, 2 goals/ 12 games, 2 goals

John Sutton - 21 games, 1 goal

Rory Fallon - 8 games, 1 goal

Chris Iwelumo - 6 games, 0 goals

Adam Morgan - 5 games, 0 goals

Joe Gormley - 1 game, 0 goals

Writing all that down is saddening. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Are those all starts?  Or does it include sub appearances?

Includes subs appearances. If we do just starts I'm never sure whether to ignore the goals scored in games they didn't start 😂

Stevie May was at 32 games, 2 goals, last season for Aberdeen, if you want to stick him on that list above and gauge if he'd be worth it as our highest earner...

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stevie May was at 32 games, 2 goals, last season for Aberdeen, if you want to stick him on that list above and gauge if he'd be worth it as our highest earner...

still more inspiring than the vanarama national's Kane Hemmings

4 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

still more inspiring than the vanarama national's Kane Hemmings

30 goals in his last two seasons in League Two, and got 15 goals for Oxford the season before.

He is, literally, a 15 goal a season striker.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

30 goals in his last two seasons in League Two, and got 15 goals for Oxford the season before.

He is, literally, a 15 goal a season striker.

15 goals in season in a pish league and 6 goals in 40 games in league 1 and the rest against shite in the cup a la tony watt last season.

just accept hes coming home and hes the best option