Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Dundee United had beaten Celtic the week before, and after going 1-0 up were just two points off the top. Some of their fans genuinely talking about a title challenge.

Na, not for me, FC Minsk were a horrendous side, and made even worse that we’d done all the hard work the week before. 
Alashkert there were excuses, most notably it was our first competitive games of the season,  it was 30+ degrees in a country thousands and thousands of miles away, and the damage was done in those conditions. You can also see by their future performances in Europe that they aren’t mugs. 
FC Minsk was the pits, and it being the 3rd qualifying round made it even worse. 
I do agree that the Minsk loss was harder to take and at that point they were probably the worst team I'd ever seen at McDiarmid, including some of our worst teams.
However, I still think they were a better side than Alashkert. Some of the dark arts though. I still hate them and wish them nothing but a fiery hell.

The goal was obviously more Scobbie's fault, but im sure McKay had just randomly charged forward to pressure someone way up the park before it got humped over the top. It was bizarre, and displayed the lack of discipline that maybe made Tommy reluctant to pick the Wolf man.  

As JB said, the lad should have been sent off for melting Ando, but we got nothing for it. 

Definitely didn't think Alashkert were that shite. Yes we should have beaten them, but Minsk was a massively missed opportunity, and probably the biggest European disappointment for me.

I remember going mental at both those last gasp winners. Brilliant goals. I wonder if we'll ever have such a mental hold over a Premiership team again as Saints did over that Dundee United side.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

You boys signing May then?

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:
1 hour ago, Radford said:
[mention=54832]perthsaint1977[/mention]

Nope

I'm relieved, and disappointed. 

Still harbouring hope we're trying to get Hemmings, but I know that's not happening.

I wonder if Kyle Lafferty could be an option for our “15 goal” striker. Not sure if he would fit within our budget and is a bit of a divisive character, but given he’s approaching 32 and seems to be on his way out at Ibrox he may not be blessed with many options. 

Edited by Goran

8 minutes ago, Goran said:

I wonder if Kyle Lafferty could be an option for our “15 goal” striker. Not sure if he would fit within our budget and is a bit of a divisive character, but he’s approaching 32 and seems to be on his way out at Ibrox.

A Rangers fan on here reckoned he was on £15k a week.

I'm relieved, and disappointed. 
Still harbouring hope we're trying to get Hemmings, but I know that's not happening.

If we were looking at Hemmings it may be worthwhile holding out for another week or 2 to see if Notts County go into administration.

Might just pick him up on a free.

This Edinburgh City game on Saturday behind closed doors? 

As far as I know, being held at Oriam. Shame as I’d have walked along to Ainslie Park since it’s only 10 mins away!

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

This Edinburgh City game on Saturday behind closed doors? 

Yes, believe the first Scottish game is against Morton on July 9th at Cappielow, 7:45 kick off.

I assume theres a reason we've no home friendlies this Summer?

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

image.png.5c434dbe458c26090fd8eab300968711.png

I'm guessing the "spl" club was motherwell as they will have money and doubt we're on good terms after the whole interest free loans for stevie may saga.

would cover a lot of positions and be a good signing though

Obviously just an opinion, but I'd be a bit surprised if the player we finally spend a fee on was Mark O'Hara.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obviously just an opinion, but I'd be a bit surprised if the player we finally spend a fee on was Mark O'Hara.

True, although arent the most recent ones Hunter and Grainger? It might also just be a loan bid?