Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Be sad to see him go, but realistically we shouldn't be turning down seven figure fees for youth products. May obliterating his knee, and seemingly his ability, should serve as a reminder of how fickle a footballers career can be.

Not sure how we replace him, mind you. The fact Shaughnessy still hasn't signed up elsewhere maybe keeps that door open. 

I’d be really reluctant to see him go even for £1,000,000. At this stage that leaves us very light on options there for next year. And as RG says I’m not sure who we could get in that isn’t tied down on a contract for next season themselves.

You have to think that Wright has been preparing for the inevitable to be honest. We already knew we needed at least one centreback, just extend that to another if he does go and push comes to shove go have another chat with Joe.

The way the transfer market in England is playing out these days I think we'd be looking for £1.5 million and a good sell-on clause of about 20-30%. 

He's easily worth that in todays market.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

As much as I rate Jason Kerr, he’s an absolute baller and has the potential to be one the best centre half’s we’ve had, Turnbull is two years younger, plays in a more attractive position, and has had a bigger impact. Incomparable just now imo. 

Agree. Turnbull almost singlehandedly turned Motherwell season's around - they were scrambling with diddies like Dundee until he came into the side -  and ended up scoring about 15 goals from midfield last season.

I like Kerr and demanding 7 figures is the way to go but I don't think there's much chance of us getting anything like £3 million for him. We should try doing what Motherwell did and say we wont accept less than a record fee for him though.

It’s the fact that he’s just signed a new 3 year deal that makes me think he’ll go for a high amount. The other players we’ve been selling have all had 12/18 months left, Kerr has double that and isn’t forcing a move as he knows saints will sell him for the right price and that there will continue to be high interest in him at his current level of performances.

£1.5m up front, try and wedge about £1m through caps/avoiding relegation/making so many appearances clauses. 30% of the next sale.

I'd be happy enough with that. Should end up a record sale, gives us enough up front to replace him, and gives us the chance of more money trickling in over the next few years.

Steve Brown secured £800,000 for Stevie May with 12 months left on his deal. Kerr has three years on his. Seems logical to me then that we only start talking at £2.4 million. In fact, with inflation, we'll round that up to £2.5 million. 

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Steve Brown secured £800,000 for Stevie May with 12 months left on his deal. Kerr has three years on his. Seems logical to me then that we only start talking at £2.4 million. In fact, with inflation, we'll round that up to £2.5 million. 

Was it not just £400k up front?

10 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Accies fans very excited for the Alston signing... 

Been thinking it's unusual to not hear a single name in the media linked with us being interested. Just linking players with leaving :(

Its brutal :lol: I live for transfer rumours, first time I can remember it being like this.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Plenty names mentioned if you are ITK  ....

Better prepare for more abuse with that post

Spill them pls.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Knew that would get you to bite. Not heard anything. Just messing with you

That's worse :lol:

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was it not just £400k up front?

The fee was £800,000 but it was paid in two installments if that's what you are asking?

The good news is that May technically only had 10 months on his contract, so I've revised Kerr's valuation, allowing for inflation, to £3.2 million.