Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Agree with Kyle. He's not going to make a position out wide his own ahead of Kennedy, Wright, O'Halloran or Swanson. So where does he fit in the middle of the park? Craig and Davidson are better than him in the deeper roles and Wotherspoon is probably more consistent, though obviously prone to his own off days.

Alston has a good highlight reel - and he certainly turned in a few good performances last Autumn - but he's barely been in the picture since Christmas and given our wide options I'd rather we used his wage to strengthen elsewhere. I'd actually have got rid last summer though as I say I thought he was proving me wrong early in the season. It's just never quite worked out for him and I think we can do better if we're looking for an attacking central midfielder, which I guess is the role he'd most likely fulfil in our squad.

5 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Cheers, now just awaiting the @RandomGuy. seal of disapproval.... 

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I'll be back logged in as him in a bit.

Found the right log in...

I enjoyed it, folk will probably moan about the "personal feelings" part of it (the but about Kerr not getting a cap while at Saints), but I'll certainly read them if it's a regular thing.

41 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That's Alston released. Best of luck to him. I don't think he ever quite hit the heights we all hoped he would but I think he's good enough to do a job for someone in the bottom six.

Hes off to Falkirk.

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The strikers I heard being talked about over a month ago are better than Stevie May, but as I said then,  very ambitious thinking by Tommy, whether it comes to fruition is another matter.

Heard we'll be signing a couple of "jewels".

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

The word jewels was never mentioned, thankfully. f**k another Scougz. 

I was only joking anyway, expecting a summer of Parish, Hodson, striker, type signings.

I've decided Hemmings will be the player I spend all summer pining for, worked for Swanson, Scougall and O'Halloran so it's a flawless plan (ignore Tansey and Storey pls)

Edited by RandomGuy.

57 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think you could be surprised,  I'll be fucking surprised,  we're only needing 4 players and 2 will be of a different  class imo.

You said this last year aswell? And tbf you were right.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You said this last year aswell? And tbf you were right.

Yes I also said they were purposely lowering the age as well, they've been trying to do this. I also said about the make/style of strips, I'm ITK as f**k :lol:

I'm really not by the way.