Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Anyone going over to Northern Ireland for any of the two friendlies? Absolutely rinsed holidays at work this year, so I’ll probably go over for the Linfield game on the Saturday, back Sunday. 

I'm in Belfast the week before :lol:

Youd think Partick and Dundee fans would learn...
Wright last played in Novermber, in game he was involved in, St Johnstone picked up 24 points.
Dundee picked up 21pts all season.

Thanks for doing the maths. Couldn’t be bothered myself, but I can help but think I’d Wright had stayed fit all season, we’d be fending off bids down south for him. He really does have it all, only reason he didn’t end up in then championship was due to the compensation and his namesake selling Scotland to him.

17 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The bumpkins getting excited over some mofo that couldn't get a game for Colchester is so cute.

One of the Bumpkins players saved you from relegation  again.  Anyway what are you doing on the big boys forum........back to your own level and watch the thistle do not jag your posterior.

A small favour to ask my fellow saintees and the countless Dundee fans who lurk on this thread....

Im trying to start a wee portfolio of scouting reports and have started with this one on Jason Kerr, if anyone could take the time to read it and give any feedback I would genuinely appreciate it. il throw out a shamless request to follow the twitter page if you enjoy it. 

https://scottishfootballsc.wixsite.com/website/post/our-first-report-jason-kerr

thanks again folks

7 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

A small favour to ask my fellow saintees and the countless Dundee fans who lurk on this thread....

Im trying to start a wee portfolio of scouting reports and have started with this one on Jason Kerr, if anyone could take the time to read it and give any feedback I would genuinely appreciate it. il throw out a shamless request to follow the twitter page if you enjoy it. 

thanks again folks

I'd argue that the weakness you pointed out, especially the Morelos goal you mention, was far more to do with Morelos movement being brilliant rather than Kerr not anticipating it. Other than that what do you want to get out of this? Are you hoping to get into scouting, becoming an agent, journalism or just another person on the internet putting out their view?

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I'd argue that the weakness you pointed out, especially the Morelos goal you mention, was far more to do with Morelos movement being brilliant rather than Kerr not anticipating it. Other than that what do you want to get out of this? Are you hoping to get into scouting, becoming an agent, journalism or just another person on the internet putting out their view?

Fair enough and I know he slipped as well but it seems to happen quite often.

I do want to try and get into scouting or analytics in an ideal world, I spoke to some people in those jobs and they recommended I start a blog to try and build up some sort of work.

Cheers for reading it though ! 

Stats and videos would really improve the reports. What you're saying is probably true, but those two would back it all up.
I have no idea what the logistics of using videos are, and highlights seldom show the strengths of certain kinds of players, but it's worth checking out what you can and can't use.
Unless you fancy paying a f**k load of money, you won't get all the stats you want. However, some Twitter accounts (Modern Fitba, for example) often put out stuff highlighting certain players or lists of the highs and lows in the Premiership. Some of them occasionally take requests too. It isn't ideal being reliant on what other people do but it'd definitely be a start.

10 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

thanks again folks

Thought overall it was pretty good. Agree about the dribbling out of defence bit, on occasions he over-does it and loses possession.

Feel a strength maybe not covered is his aggression on the ground,  a lot of modern defenders stand off and jockey players who have their back to goal,  whereas I feel Kerr shows a hunger to actually try to win the ball.  Also think his recovery is good in terms of getting back and winning the ball when a player looks away from him.

Disagree goalscoring is a weakness. He has one less goal than any of our strikers this season I think!  Not prolific or a strength by any means, but certainly not a weakness.

Finally heading - not sure that's a strength yet. In some games yes, but then seen him bullied e.g. in games v Accies in the air, so still not certain how he copes against a big physical centre back.

Just my opinion.

29 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Fair enough and I know he slipped as well but it seems to happen quite often.

I do want to try and get into scouting or analytics in an ideal world, I spoke to some people in those jobs and they recommended I start a blog to try and build up some sort of work.

Cheers for reading it though ! 

Blogging works for some, you'll need to do a fuckload of research to stand out from the crowd though, good luck*.

*as long as you don't start clogging up P&B with shite like those fucking student c***s.

18 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Blogging works for some, you'll need to do a fuckload of research to stand out from the crowd though, good luck*.

*as long as you don't start clogging up P&B with shite like those fucking student c***s.

Cheers, now just awaiting the @RandomGuy. seal of disapproval.... 

That's Alston released. Best of luck to him. I don't think he ever quite hit the heights we all hoped he would but I think he's good enough to do a job for someone in the bottom six.

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (26) -2020

??. Ross Sinclair (17) - 2021

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (32) - 2020

6. Steven Anderson (32) - 2020 

3. Scott Tanser (23) - 2021

23. Liam Gordon (22) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (21) - 2022

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (23) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (28) - 2021

8. Murray Davidson (30) - 2020 + 1

28. Ross Callachan (24) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (31) - 2020

20. Kyle McClean (19) - 2020

18. Ali McCann (18) - 2020  

33. Matty Kennedy (23) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (31) - 2020

Strikers

16. David McMillan (29) - 2020

9. Chris Kane (23) - 2020

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

22. Callum Hendry (20) - 2020 

Contracts not resolved

24. Brian Easton

Leaving the club

Joe Shaughnessy

Aaron Comrie (signed for Dunfermline)

Blair Alston

Tony Watt (signed for CSKA Sofia)

Loans expired

Cammy Bell 

Niall Keown 

Sean Goss

Only Easton left to sort now. 

Edit: the ages are out of date. I'll update them when I can be arsed or during a lull at work.

Edited by Kyle

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That's Alston released. Best of luck to him. I don't think he ever quite hit the heights we all hoped he would but I think he's good enough to do a job for someone in the bottom six.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Tough one on Alston, looked a player at times, but he was never foremost in Tommy’s plans, so getting another, presumably decent, wage off the books can only be good. 

I'm not really sure what Alston is good at?  He's not particularly bad at anything just not very good at anything either*.

*Apart from scoring at Ibrox.

Bit of a clamour saying this a disappointing decision. In truth, he's been with us for 3 years and, outside of a purple patch earlier this season, has never really been anything other than average for us, often falling below that. He'a also hardly featured since the winter break. I was on the fence about keeping him but I think this is a perfectly justifiable decision from the club.