Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Wright briefly covered off his summer plans in his pre-match interview today. He mentioned that he wants to bring the age of the squad down again this summer and priority number one is a 15 goals a season striker. Unless we are planning to release some of the older players from existing contracts (Anderson, Swanson and McMillan probably the likeliest candidates?) then it'll be a struggle for us to bring the age of the squad down that much on this season without looking at youngsters released from the likes of Rangers/Celtic and teams in England. I hope we don't go exclusively down that road as I don't think that's where we've been fruitful in the past. Unless of course he's going to let some players go and replace them with existing youngsters at Saints - Alston not being replaced to give Kyle McClean a clearer path to the first team as an example.

Hopefully the scout down south has a couple more gems for us. I believe it was the same person who was responsible for Tanser, Drey Wright  and possibly Matty Kennedy(?) so I'd be more than happy to take that guy's advice again on any players who fall into a similar category.

f**k knows where this elusive striker is coming from. Might be better off looking for 2 strikers capable of scoring 7 or 8 each.

15 goal a season striker....

Image result for stevie may st johnstone

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He's scored even fewer goals than Tony Watt and Chris Kane have managed this season.

some players just need to be the main man and focal point of their team, Kane and Watt are more interested in the build up than getting on the end of moves, Stevie would get 15 goals easy with Kennedy wright and MOH providing

On one hand, May clearly hasn't been used right by McInnes and his confidence is at an all time low. Returning to Perth, under a manager who got the best out him, and being able to pump underagers at Loft every night should sort all that.

On the other hand, hes lost a yard of pace, and it looks like some power, with the disintegration of his knee.

I'd have him back, but it would depend entirely on the money involved. No danger we should pay a six figure fee, and no way should he command a record breaking wage. His wage at Aberdeen is astronomical for a team like us, and they paid a massive fee just a few years ago.

No from me. 

It would be based around sentiment only. Be a shame to spoil the memory of that season.  He hasn't had a high scoring season since he was here, and we have Kane as a hard-working supporting not-so-high-scoring striker.

I have still never watched back our cup win, other than the 3-4 minute highlight version. I accidentally started watching the YouTube video of the match that @Steve McQueen put up, for some reason it started in the half time studio highlights and chat and, I didn't remember that we were on top for most of that half.  Had also forgotten Spoony nearly scored with his trademark roll foot over the top of the ball wee move in the first half, as well as after his brilliant second half run. He also set up Dunnes chance with a brave challenge, and obviously set up the first goal.

So many wee moments I must have forgotten about, I'm going to have to watch the full game back this week.

Happy May 17th!

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd have him back, but it would depend entirely on the money involved. No danger we should pay a six figure fee, and no way should he command a record breaking wage. His wage at Aberdeen is astronomical for a team like us, and they paid a massive fee just a few years ago.

:lol: classic

5 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

some players just need to be the main man and focal point of their team, Kane and Watt are more interested in the build up than getting on the end of moves, Stevie would get 15 goals easy with Kennedy wright and MOH providing

Please no. He's been utterly honking this year and he's had plenty of game time. 

I disagree about Kane and Watt. They both get in the right positions but neither of them are consistently good enough finishers at this level. 

With the wingers we have, we need a penalty box striker. Good ones seem thin on the ground in Scotland. 

There is a postive in all this which is that as long as we don't lose key players over the summer we do have reasonable strength throughout the squad, enough for top 6, so we should be looking to spend half decent cash on someone that get us the 15 goals that TW is looking for. With out full-backs and midfield options you'd think we'd be able to create the chances for a decent striker to do that. 

Any truth in the rumour Ando has agreed to join Dunfermline, and that Shaughnessy has re-entered talks due to a complete lack of interest down South?

Any truth in the rumour Ando has agreed to join Dunfermline, and that Shaughnessy has re-entered talks due to a complete lack of interest down South?

Who knows, but I’d be happy with that to be honest. Although, he wouldn’t be getting to keep the captains armband next season if he does join.

Who would you choose? Charlie Adam?

As loathed as I am to think on your wave length Tam, I’d Liam Gordon had another season as a started under his belt, I’d be giving it to him by virtue of being vocal. In that absence, probably Liam Craig, depending on whether he plays.

Easy to forget muzz did the same and came back after getting no move, Joe would be welcomed back easy enough
Can't blame the guy for wanting to get a big move and if it doesn't come off then yeah he'll be a vital part of next season's team.

The mask is just ever so slightly starting to slip on our favourite Sevco fan on WAP.

Reckons his,(newly released son), could be our 15 goal a season striker.

Won't be long before he has a full on meltdown IMO.

Edited by The Saintee

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The mask is just ever so slightly starting to slip on our favourite Sevco fan on WAP.

Reckons his,(newly released son), could be our 15 goal a season striker.

Won't be long before he has a full on meltdown IMO.

Think hes maybe claiming his sons a midfielder who can create chances? 

Still no idea who his son is, but I've seen the dad on Twitter (I think, jayrfc or something, constantly mewling).

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think hes maybe claiming his sons a midfielder who can create chances? 

Still no idea who his son is, but I've seen the dad on Twitter (I think, jayrfc or something, constantly mewling).

Possibly. It's unclear through his rambling but  he definitely thinks that TW has binned a promising striker. 

At least he's finally made a complaint though.