Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Should bring in Speroni. Just been released from Crystal Palace.

Would be worth it just for the Dundee fans reaction.

Worth mentioning our Colt side, if that's still happening, could play both Dundee sides competitively next season.

League cup group stages if we fail to make Europe, I expect us to make Europe obviously but you never know.

They’ll be seeded as will we be, no chance of drawing then I’m afraid Tam.

Ando to Dunfermline links starting up. 

Would probably mean we need two CBs this Summer, on top of a right back to try and replace Foster.

Parish is a fine back up and replacement for Bell/Mitchell but he's surely not going to be Clark's long term replacement as number one.

It's the kind market I feared we'd be shopping in this summer and may explain why we're offering contracts to players well out of the first team picture - not able to bring in anyone better with the money we have available.

Either that or we're signing Stevie May and Fran Sandaza.

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Parish is a fine back up and replacement for Bell/Mitchell but he's surely not going to be Clark's long term replacement as number one.

Bear with me here, but it's the type of signing you make on FM if you're worried a starter is about to leave, and you havent found a proper replacement yet. Ron Drewett *twitch*

Someone who'll do a job, and mean you're not reliant on someone not good enough, until you find the player you're after.

Obviously just guesswork/opinion, but that's how I'm viewing the rumour.

Edited by RandomGuy.

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bear with me here, but it's the type of signing you make on FM if you're worried a starter is about to leave, and you havent found a proper replacement yet. Ron Drewett *twitch*

Someone who'll do a job, and mean you're not reliant on someone not good enough, until you find the player you're after.

Obviously just guesswork/opinion, but that's how I'm viewing the rumour.

Makes total sense, surely we wouldnt be signing a replacement for clark until he actually goes. no point signing a firsst choice now, if clark goes we will have a full first team wage vacant plus some of his transfer fee to replace him, this has to be bells replacement

9 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Unless of course Parrish is to second choice with Bell as first choice.....

You're so negative, The Saintee.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Souleymane Coulibaly is a free agent..

Wonder why he never played for Partick...

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He looked at Doolan  a couple of seasons ago,whether he still would have him is another matter

I can see why we'd have looked at him in the past, but I think that doors shut now.