Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Rumours that we are looking at Comrie and Alston.

Callum Davidson is a coach at East End at the moment. That maybe answers your Scotland full back mystery

Who happened to be at the reserve game against Celtic on Monday afternoon.

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Sounds like Zander Clark will be making his first international appearance next month then.

Liberty he has not been called up by now just been unlucky with injury at the wrong times when squads about to be announced 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Has Aaron Comrie played well for Saints? Has Aaron comrie shown potential for Saints? Would anyone be happy to see Aaron Comrie on the teamsheet in an important game? 

I’m as big a happy clapper as they come (Mainstand excluded) but he’s not up to it at this level. It’s all very well sticking up for a player, but when they’ve shown nothing at all there really is no point. 

I was sat in corporate behind the dugout when we beat you 3-0 in September 2017. Tommy Wright was never off the lads back. Must have been disheartening for the lad, if not hilarious for everyone in ear shot. "You're a stupid c**t" before turning to the bench to tell them he's a stupid c**t, as if he hadn't just heard it.

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

The boy has had a few games he absolutely strolled, but as is the case with most fans, they only remember the absolute shockers and they were shockers. Would I like Comrie to be our first choice RB? Na, probably not. He isn't as shite as a few make out though.

The shockers have been absolutely horrendous imo. 

Genuinely can't think of any game that he's strolled through. 

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The shockers have been absolutely horrendous imo. 

Genuinely can't think of any game that he's strolled through. 

When he first started getting games he was decent, he has regressed imo. Boy needs a fresh start to get his career back on track.

I see Gary Miller has been released down south. Not the most exciting name but he'd be a fairly safe backup and he's versatile. Imagine not too expensive either. Would give you Anderson, Easton and Miller as back up- plenty of experience if questions over fitness etc.

Odd to see Alston offered a contract given he's been forgotten about since returning from injury after Christmas. Thought at the time he could feel slightly harshly done by given he was one of the better players in the first third of the season. From comments elsewhere I see it's a classic case of a player suddenly becoming more regarded amongst our supporters the less he plays. Think there is a player there but, a bit like Scougall, I'm not sure we can make enough use of a player who'll rarely get to play his best position.

Priority is getting the never ending search for a ball playing midfielder and one, ideally two, strikers. Don't mind Kane as a third or fourth choice but it would worry me if we are relying on more than that from him next season. Be good if Henrdy could get out on loan too.

8 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

I see Gary Miller has been released down south. 

This led me to the Carlisle forum.

Apparently Scougall been "alright" for them but seems too lightweight. 1 goal and 0 assists in 15 games for them.

5 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

I see Gary Miller has been released down south. Not the most exciting name but he'd be a fairly safe backup and he's versatile. Imagine not too expensive either. Would give you Anderson, Easton and Miller as back up- plenty of experience if questions over fitness etc.

Miller has a bit of a strong dislike for Tommy so I very much doubt he'd come back to Saints. 

Although if he doesn't have any other options...

Hopefully just a back up option, and likely to be a clear upgrade on Bell. Although he'd probably be serviceable if Clark leaves and we've not identified a long term replacement.

35 games for Dundee, 49 goals conceded and 11 clean sheets. The defence being a mess in front of him should be taken into account.