Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Could’ve,but was pointing out he’s been offered a contract with us,and another club has been in touch,to prove my point,that he’s not shite,as he was called by a knob of a poster,not that I need to explain myself to you hth

Tbf, until we know what club it is, it doesn't prove anything either way. 

Dunfermline would be a tremendous move for him. I'd advise him to take it, even over us, as he'll just be stagnating here.

8 minutes ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Why not? It can literally only be Peterhead or Airdrie, as Jim McInally and Ian Murray are the only capped full back managers outside Neilson.

Jim McInally was a midfielder. Ian Murray was a centre back.

Murray did play several positions though.

I take no pleasure in this. Aaron Comrie played well in the 1-1 draw at Celtic last season but look at the games where he's played at least 45 minutes since then:
  • Lost 3-0 to Aberdeen
  • Lost 3-0 to Rangers
  • Lost 1-0 to Hearts
  • Drew 0-0 with Ross County
  • Lost 1-0 to Partick
  • Lost 4-0 to Celtic
  • Lost 3-1 to Partick
  • Lost 4-1 to Rangers
  • Lost 2-0 to Killie
  • Drew 1-1 with Ross County (hooked at HT)
  • Lost 0-2 to Killie
The performances have got gradually worse as well. I don't believe anybody could have been at both those Killie matches and not come away thinking they'd simply watched a guy completely out of his depth.
I can't believe that, being honest, anyone would be comfortable with us having to rely on him for an extended period next season. He's 22 now as well, so hardly a young player.
Move on, get some games at an easier level and see where it takes him.

Don’t suppose anyone else could have been shit in those games too?

1 hour ago, john1962 said:

Don’t suppose anyone else could have been shit in those games too?

Most probably in some of the games, although I doubt anyone struggled as much as Comrie in the two Killie games. 

I made the point but will again ask, especially for all those leaping to his defence, would you, hand on heart, be comfortable if we had to rely on him for an extended period next season? 

Edited by Radford

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Most probably in some of the games, although I doubt anyone struggled as much as Comrie in the two Killie games. 

I made the point but will again ask, especially for all those leaping to his defence, would you, hand on heart, be comfortable if we had to rely on him for an extended period next season? 

Where are you seeing people "Leaping to his defence" Drama Queen Guy made a statement saying that he was Shite and a few of us took issue with this.Comrie has the potential to become a good player but as I have previously stated I feel that he needs to take a step down to get games under his belt first.

I wouldn’t be. I have never said I would but to try to make it look like he was more responsible than others is just wrong.

Randoom leaps like a salmon to defend and to attack, superlatives and hyperbole everywhere. Great value for money. More entertaining than St Johnstone, for sure.
I wouldn’t be comfortable with Comrie for anything other than a last resort to cover injury or suspension. Even then I’d be concerned. If he stays then a loan might help him develop. Might not.

39 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What has anyone seen in Comrie that can be described as potential? 

The boy has had a few games he absolutely strolled, but as is the case with most fans, they only remember the absolute shockers and they were shockers. Would I like Comrie to be our first choice RB? Na, probably not. He isn't as shite as a few make out though.

*shrug emoji* 

Not the player I thought we were getting. Pea hearted and just lunged into every tackle. Can see him following Watt into the English non league scene.

7 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

:lol: why was Craig Thomson’s dad after RandomGuy?

I probably called him shite aswell, and for some reason some people take an opinion, posted on a football forum, really really seriously.

I probably called him shite aswell, and for some reason some people take an opinion, posted on a football forum, really really seriously.
That's a very good point. I find it very hard to take anything you say seriously.