Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I watched the reserves lose 1-0 to Falkirk this afternoon.Easton played the full game at left back and still looks a bit short of his old sharpness.Watt Played an hour or so and did not do much.Our only player that really stood out was Euan O'Reilly and he faded a bit in the second half,it was all a bit of a non event..Oh and we had Comrie in central midfield !!??

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

On 22/04/2019 at 17:36, tree house tam said:

A Saints fan from Perth who's now an agent over there. He's recommended a few players, with a couple that come over on trial. Romain Habran and the ex Real Madrid guy who played for Killie after we said he wasn't fit enough are two who stand out. 

Habran was recommended to Tommy by Antoine Sibierski (he's definitely not a Saints fan)  

Not sure where the Jullian Faubert recommendation came from though. 

It's going to be like Fergies class of 91 at McDiarmid next season, as we dominate the league* with a starting 11 of:

Clark

Foster Kerr Gordon Tanser

Wright Callachan McCann Kennedy

McLean       

Hendry

It's going to be like Fergies class of 91 at McDiarmid next season, as we dominate the league* with a starting 11 of:

Clark
      Foster Kerr Gordon Tanser
Wright Callachan McCann Kennedy
                        McLean       
                       Hendry
Class of 92. Just saying.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

The class of 92 were the great ones that went onto European glory.  The class of 91 were the other guys.

Same group of players mate, Google 'class of 91 Manchester Utd' https://www.google.com/search?q=class+of+91+manchester+united&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB751GB751&oq=class+of+91+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.6555j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

McClean is only 20, which is easy to forget. I think he'll be around the first team next season as a more advanced player, while McCann will be loaned out to a Championship side.

I suspect McClean is Alston’s like for like replacement. Given the number of games Alston has features in, I’m alright with that tbh. You move Goss on and that’s your spot for another central midfielder which we need. Next seasons transfers are relatively easy, simply like for like replacements.

New keeper to sit on the bench
New fullback(s) to replace Comrie (Easton)
New centre back(s) to replace Shaughnessy (Anderson)
New midfielder to replace Goss
New striker to replace Watt

I think we’ll see 5 new players, 6 at a push unless he moves someone like Swanson on or we sell Clark or Kerr.

Personally think we need two strikers but reality is we’ll persist with Kane. He’s fine as fourth choice striker but not starting every week. Hendry is promising but hard to properly judge displays against Dundee. If MOH is being considered a striker then guess can go with three but lot of pressure on new signing being a good bit better than what we have. No pun intended, Watt looked like that in spells but has fizzled out as many predicted. A player like that with more goalscoring instinct that will last the season please. Won’t be easy to find.......

15 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
To collect his things?

Expensive business paying guys off who have a year left on their contract. Didn't think he was that bad a player when was in and playing. Unlucky with injury but think there is a striker there. No worse than kane IMO

I'd be terrified if our four options were McMillan, Kane, Hendry and MOH.

Ideally you have a first team striker, a back up striker who can play in certain occasions, a youngster on the verge of breaking through.

McMillan and Kane both fit in number 2 slot, and I'd rather have Kane, I think.

Sure their were rumours Irish teams were moving for McMillan in January but he chose Hamilton, wouldnt be surprised if he went back in the Summer, probably earns as much doing two jobs.