Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Can remember Ando, Wotherspoon and Craig all having the armband at different points, of contracted players. Easton obviously did, and it feels like Davidson has but cant remember when.

Not sure who you go for, Dave Mackay as pretty perfect as he was a leader, and his performances always set a bar for the other players to match. Murray Davidson maybe the best? No idea if hes all that vocal in the dressing room.

23 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

It will be the new signing

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I'm just messing btw

Grrrrrrr...

Given the lowering of age, a well kent face to run the midfield and be captain too wouldn't go amiss. A Jody type figure. A taller one would be fine too.

2 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I wouldn't be against Zander as captain. 

As for Stevie May's proposed return, the evidence for the prosecution is Danny Swanson and Michael O'Halloran. 

We had some great times, but we should be looking forward ...

Aye, May seems very much like Kane in a "lots of hard work, zero goal threat" type of way.

Callum Hendry is now our joint top goalscoring striker in the league, and he has two starts to his name. I'd like to see how he plays as a lone striker.

Anyone any idea if we're in talks to extend Kennedys contract? 

Absolutely huge player and if we lose him for nothing in 12 months it'll be frustrating as hell.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone any idea if we're in talks to extend Kennedys contract? 

Absolutely huge player and if we lose him for nothing in 12 months it'll be frustrating as hell.

If I were his agent I'd be playing a wait and see on that one. 

Anyone ITK know what the scouting was that landed him and Drey Wright last summer? Appreciate Kennedy was much more of a known player in SPL but Drey seemed to come from virtually nowhere. If we can repeat that quality with a holding midfielder and a striker, we'd certainly be justified in hoping for top 6. With the players leaving I'd hope we would have the wages budget.

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If I were his agent I'd be playing a wait and see on that one. 

Anyone ITK know what the scouting was that landed him and Drey Wright last summer? Appreciate Kennedy was much more of a known player in SPL but Drey seemed to come from virtually nowhere. If we can repeat that quality with a holding midfielder and a striker, we'd certainly be justified in hoping for top 6. With the players leaving I'd hope we would have the wages budget.

I'd happily see Kennedy the highest paid player at the club, even if it meant sacrificing Swanson.

Wotherspoon, Wright, Kennedy and MOH would be enough out wide, IMO.

On the second point I'm sure TW talked about getting an English scout years ago but never heard anything more about that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Have you heard anything about who we're looking at? I've heard the forward Tommy wants is a bit ambitious. 

Seen a suggestion we've offered Shankland a very decent deal and the promise of being first choice striker, something very few teams have offered him.

Absolutely zero chance we're getting him, before everyone jumps in, but a rumours a rumour.

I’ve watched a few of Ayr’s games and he’s never stood out. Not sure he’s capable of the step up despite what Ayr fans may say, plus he looks about a stone or two heavy right now. Which is never a good sign towards the end of a season!

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I’ve watched a few of Ayr’s games and he’s never stood out. Not sure he’s capable of the step up despite what Ayr fans may say, plus he looks about a stone or two heavy right now. Which is never a good sign towards the end of a season!

Their fans seem to be talking as if hes been playing with an injury since January, tbf.