Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Is it true there will be no reserves/u20s next season?

Looks like it, A couple of folk who would know saying as much on We Are Perth.

1 minute ago, YHallSaint said:

Speaking to a Hull City fan today at work who reckons they will bid for Kerr and Clark during the summer. Been watched quite a few times through the season

That would be a huge blow.

Just now, The Woolshed said:

How much for both together? I really really hope we don’t sell ourselves short with this pair. The spine of the team and would be almost irreplaceable for us in the short term.

Using the "Scott McKenna calculator", £7m for Clark and £10m for Kerr.

30 years ago today that Alex Totten took his part-time side to Celtic Park and held Graeme Souness’ Rangers to a 0-0 draw in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup. Believe there were in excess of 10,000 Saints fans there?

Anyone any memories of the day?

In the video clip you can see fans on the trackside at one point when there was a small crush in the Rangers end. There were of course no perimeter fences at Celtic Park thankfully.

I'm too young to know about that game, this was bigger for me...

Salvaging the John Connolly disaster, looking back on it, the job he did was pretty remarkable. Definitely deserved his move down south off the back of it. Funny though that a Championship team came in for him off the back of a good season and a half at a first division Scottish team. Can’t imagine that ever happening now! Be like Ian McCall moving to be the Ipswich boss!

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I was there that day. No real memories of it. I remember the train being heaving on the way there and back. 

I bunked off the school to get down for the replay. We lost 4-0 IIRC :( 

Beating Morton in the QF was a fantastic night. 

Salvaging the John Connolly disaster, looking back on it, the job he did was pretty remarkable. Definitely deserved his move down south off the back of it. Funny though that a Championship team came in for him off the back of a good season and a half at a first division Scottish team. Can’t imagine that ever happening now! Be like Ian McCall moving to be the Ipswich boss!

The cup runs gave him a higher profile than simply doing well in the first division would have though. A case of him leaving at the very best point too - saints weren't going to challenge that season and he still had the unlucky tag from the previous season . Had he stayed and not gone up I doubt he'd got such a move.

Always thankful for what he did. The cup runs gave McInnes a better financial base to challenge for the league and, possibly just as importantly, he lifted a lot of the lethargy that was beginning to develop round the club after Stark and Connolly. He undoubtedly had plenty of weaknesses as a manager though.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

30 years ago today that Alex Totten took his part-time side to Celtic Park and held Graeme Souness’ Rangers to a 0-0 draw in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup. Believe there were in excess of 10,000 Saints fans there?

In the video clip you can see fans on the trackside at one point when there was a small crush in the Rangers end. There were of course no perimeter fences at Celtic Park thankfully.

I was 9, and  sat in the stand with my dad next to the terrace where the Saints fans were. I can't remember if the stand was mixed, but there a lot of Saints fans in there too - I remember when the full time whistle went everyone standing up and cheering like we had scored. I thought it was strange to cheer a 0-0 draw, but I didn't really appreciate the gulf in finances between the sides. I remember the crowd spilling on to the trackside - my memory of it was that it was in the Saints end, but it seems i was wrong.

24 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

I was 9, and  sat in the stand with my dad next to the terrace where the Saints fans were. I can't remember if the stand was mixed, but there a lot of Saints fans in there too - I remember when the full time whistle went everyone standing up and cheering like we had scored. I thought it was strange to cheer a 0-0 draw, but I didn't really appreciate the gulf in finances between the sides. I remember the crowd spilling on to the trackside - my memory of it was that it was in the Saints end, but it seems i was wrong.

I was 10 and we were in the stand at the Saints end as well. I remember we were amazing that day - I have a feeling we nearly scored early on but not sure. Got back to the car after it and heard about Hillsborough - I remember that clearly.

Went to the replay as well, got absolutely scudded - think Gary Stevens may have scored a beauty.