Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Easton off early in the reserve game, does anyone think he'll ever make it back?

I think it was just precautionary..He came into the stand with Murray Davidson shortly after he came off and was standing stretching the muscles in his leg for a short time before sitting down..If it had been something serious I reckon he would have headed off for treatment.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Here Jamie
Gonnae just pull the plug on WAP now and save us all a misery.
What other website survives with just 8 sad cunnos bleating at other? There's at least 10 on PAB so totally different.

The only thing keeping it alive just now is that I need the server for my email.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The only thing keeping it alive just now is that I need the server for my email.

It's fucking sad what it's become, actual sad. Suppose we all have to take the blame, as Saints fans, for not making it work. I'll put my hands up for my contribution being piss poor at times, but when you see the Saints Facebook banter page you kinda see what you're up against.

9 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Here Jamie

Gonnae just pull the plug on WAP now and save us all a misery.

What other website survives with just 8 sad cunnos bleating at other? There's at least 10 on PAB so totally different.

Worth mentioning 3 of the 8 are all slf.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Worth mentioning if you do, slf will make his way onto this site...

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's fucking sad what it's become, actual sad.

It is. You go back a decade and there were regularly 300 posts in match threads and there could be 100 votes in man of the match threads. 

It was always cliquey but there were enough posters contributing to combat that. Now though you often feel like you are intruding on a private conversation in the corner of the Barossa Club.

Bring back the mailing list. 

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Is it as much a sign of the times and folk moving onto twitter, or the FB banter page, as it is people not bothering?

Twitter does my head in so don't use it, and I lasted less than an hour on that fb banter page.

I think it's a case of, and please acknowledge the irony of me saying this, a lot of people not having the chance to say anything because theres an overwhelming amount of shite spouted, so they lose the habit of posting on sites like WAP, and they end up just casually reading it. I know I can dominate match threads after matches with opinions and I feel like it prevents others putting their points across.

Twitter and FB gives you the chance to say your point to an audience that'll listen, whereas here it gets swallowed up, most of the time.

I'm probably miles out though, as I dont really remember WAP when it massively busy to see what triggered its collapse.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think it's a case of, and please acknowledge the irony of me saying this, a lot of people not having the chance to say anything because theres an overwhelming amount of shite spouted, so they lose the habit of posting on sites like WAP, and they end up just casually reading it. I know I can dominate match threads after matches with opinions and I feel like it prevents others putting their points across.

Twitter and FB gives you the chance to say your point to an audience that'll listen, whereas here it gets swallowed up, most of the time.

I'm probably miles out though, as I dont really remember WAP when it massively busy to see what triggered its collapse.

Is that an issue though?  Different if you're in a pub and there's often one will talk over folk and force their opinion on others.  Any forum gives everyone the chance to get involved. You giving your opinion doesn't stop anyone else contributing.

It might also be where the team are at. We are settling into being a mid-table team without a lot to be overly emotional about either way. We're on a shite run, but not really in danger of going down.  Would expect if we were heading towards another Cup Final, the site would be full of people telling everyone how much Saints means to them. :)

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Is that an issue though?  Different if you're in a pub and there's often one will talk over folk and force their opinion on others.  Any forum gives everyone the chance to get involved. You giving your opinion doesn't stop anyone else contributing.

Depends on the person, I suppose, but I'm sure theres people who wont think theres any point posting as what they've wanted to say has already been said.

20 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Is it as much a sign of the times and folk moving onto twitter, or the FB banter page, as it is people not bothering?

Twitter does my head in so don't use it, and I lasted less than an hour on that fb banter page.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW: I think you can extend this to most club specific forums. I think the partizan nature of these sort of platforms just becomes incredibly wearing after a while.

In our case FirParkCorner is literally half a dozen guys and threads that amount to single figures for replies it's tumbleweed central and while it has a larger base and there are still a few decent posters there SteelmenOnline feels like it's been shedding users consistently for a while. I pretty much chucked SO last summer as it just gave me a fucking migraine.

I'm not a member of the group but having seen some screengrabs on here and Twitter it would appear Well Fans ii on Facebook is where the majority of our moon units congregate to share their terrible opinions these days. I'd imagine it's very much the equivalent of your 'Banter' page.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know I can dominate match threads after matches with opinions and I feel like it prevents others putting their points across.

You shouldn't feel like that at all. A lot of the time I don't agree with you (and some of your claims can sometimes be verging on made up) but your posts are generally ones I would always read and they provoke an emotion or thought. 

I agree that social media and the team giving us nothing to moan about are issues but the biggest problem for me is the reluctance to start new threads. Having one big transfer thread, that often strays off transfers, is the wrong way to work and points that could draw discussion often get missed or overlooked. Equally, searching back to find a years old thread to make a loosely related point doesn't encourage new discussion either. People shouldn't be afraid to start new threads and shouldn't be shot down for it. They can always be merged with an old thread if appropriate. 

If folk logged on and saw a new topic, they are more likely to read it and then more likely to feel they have a point to make. 

Edited by Radford

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends on the person, I suppose, but I'm sure theres people who wont think theres any point posting as what they've wanted to say has already been said.

I left years ago after being called a 'knob' and an 'asshole' after questioning Saints' participation in an Armed Forces Day. Can't say I've missed it.