Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Stop it you’re talking pish. You lot are getting  like the filth fae down the street from us. They lot think football started in 1979, you lot are acting like it you’re as 2013 or whenever it was you’s won your only ever trophy. Which coincidentally will never happen again. Not sure you’s even played a half decent team that year. 

2014 actually and beat all that was put before us especially your noisy neighbours who it looks like you might be having another doon derby with soon.

5 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

No never played Dundee.

Is Lochee United or The Joeys the top team in Dundee at present?

The Joey’s were some team. Tayport as well. Lochee Utd not so much. 

All 3 would’ve had larger Scottish Cup attendances than you boys yesterday. 

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Dundee fan coming in and discussing winning trophies is a very bold strategy, let’s see how this one plays out. 

I think he's broken.

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Whit you on about? 2 top 6 premier teams, I can't be arsed looking up the rest tbh. Not that it matters.

As I said I was there, braw day so it was.

I think it was Forfar then Raith. Still remember the Raith game, Ando scored a backheel and Nigel went on a wee solo run.

When Dundee last won the Scottish Cup (1909/10), they played Clyde in the Final.

It took them three attempts to beat Clyde and win the trophy. Clyde finished 5th that season.

I tried to find out who they beat on route, but no online records exist :lol:

Dundee United finished 4th the season we won.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Whit you on about? 2 top 6 premier teams, I can't be arsed looking up the rest tbh. Not that it matters.

As I said I was there, braw day so it was.

Of course it matters. So we’ve established an Aberdeen team that wasn’t of the standard of the last 3 season’s, 6th placed Yenited and who else?

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Not sure what sort of bite he’s looking for here, no St Johnstone fan is going to get angry or rattled discussing our cup win. 

FYI @Yenitit

Livingston at home - Missed it, on the randan in Glasgow.

Forfar away - good day out, MOH and Dunne getting their first goals for the club. 

Raith Away - Early kick off, very drunken crowd, Hasselbaink scored a beauty, love that man.

Aberdeen - MacLean inspired  come back. Stevie May showing Aberdeen who he is. Great day out, on a par with the final.

Dundee United - Enough said.

What are your lasting memories of (looks at Wikipedia) Dundee’s wee cup win in 1973? 

That's the Raith Rovers who'd previously knocked the wee team out. At Dense.