Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Then you wake up to Joe's away...

Luckily he's replaceable. Finding a  MOH is near impossible. 

I kind of thought that he would go when it was first getting banded about :(

Will be disappointing if he leaves. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Finding a  MOH is near impossible. 

NINTCHDBPICT000420427409.thumb.jpg.a514fd2830baf9b200df7422a871a778.jpg

Not sure today's line up will prove anything regarding Shaughnessy, tbh. Unless he's left out the squad completely with no injury being mentioned.

A bit embarrassing we let them score against us to be honest. An absolute pumping.

When you look at the great goals we scored there, and in last seasons 3-1 win, and in the 1-1 draw where Alston scored a sublime curler, it's easy to become blasé about it.

There was a time when we would go to Ibrox on a regular basis, and you'd be lucky if you saw a Saints shot on goal all game.

That's quite a strong statement from Tommy 

"not many players have come back to haunt us" has an almost ominous ring to it.

The funny thing is, about 4 months ago when we went on that run of defeats culminating in the 6-0 doing, I thought he deserved to get dropped. He'd never really hit form after coming back into the side following his summer injury.  He's always had good runs of form, but there were spells where you would question if he's quite dominant enough.

The past 4 months he has been outstanding on a consistent basis and really looked like a great centre half at our level.

But if he left and was playing under a poorer coach such as McInnes, there's every chance he could regress. I think if it was purely a football decision, it would be quite a straightforward one to stay; it all depends on how important a factor the far better wages would be.

Edited by PauloPerth

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

That's quite a strong statement from Tommy 

"not many players have come back to haunt us" has an almost ominous ring to it.

The funny thing is, about 4 months ago when we went on that run of defeats culminating in the 6-0 doing, I thought he deserved to get dropped. He'd never really hit form after coming back into the side following his summer injury.  He's always had good runs of form, but there were spells where you would question if he's quite dominant enough.

The past 4 months he has been outstanding on a consistent basis and really looked like a great centre half at our level.

But if he left and was playing under a poorer coach such as McInnes, there's every chance he could regress. I think if it was purely a football decision, it would be quite a straightforward one to stay; it all depends on how important a factor the far better wages would be.

I genuinely believe they're signing him to play right back. 

Signs three year deal, plays right back for 6 months and struggles. Dropped as they loan someone in to replace him. Rots for 12 months before returning on loan, then on a permanent deal once his contract expires.

A tale as old as time.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Do you think so? I just presumed it was to line up a replacement for McKenna. Even by McInnes's standard that would be crazy.

They've targeted Halkett too, and McInnes is always raving about Devlin. Logan has seemingly looked terrible this season.

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me.