Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with erstwhile Saintee David Weatherston. He's a great guy and a brilliant talker and this 40-minute episode sees him talking exclusively about his year at McDiarmid Park.

Some great stories and insight in here, especially about his problems with anxiety. Very honest and open.

I think you'll like it.

CLICK

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely zero clue about how Linfield set up/what players they have, or what level the league is, but based of the name of the club it feels like a better move than I expected.

If he can't make an impression there, though, then you'd imagine he'll struggle to ever make it with us.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because Linfield, from what I know of them, are a bigger club than Albion Rovers or Edinburgh City.

Put it this way, I didn't expect him to get a top flight club going for a domestic treble.

From what you know of them :lol: is that the "Absolutely Zero" that you stated a short time ago ?

1 minute ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

From what you know of them :lol: is that the "Absolutely Zero" that you stated a short time ago ?

I said I had zero clue about their players or the standard of the league, not about the club itself. I'm well aware about the fact they're probably the biggest team in that Country, thanks to debunking some of the laughable "most successful club in the world" claims from Rangers fans on here.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I said I had zero clue about their players or the standard of the league, not about the club itself. I'm well aware about the fact they're probably the biggest team in that Country, thanks to debunking some of the laughable "most successful club in the world" claims from Rangers fans on here.

Eh,:unsure2:

22 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Eh,:unsure2:

I say I'm surprised McLean got as big a club as Linfield, but say I don't know the standard of that league.

You laugh at me.

I clarify my point.

You laugh at me.

I clarify my point.

You get confused.

There's an overview of tonight's shitposting. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I say I'm surprised McLean got as big a club as Linfield, but say I don't know the standard of that league.

You laugh at me.

I clarify my point.

You laugh at me.

I clarify my point.

You get confused.

There's an overview of tonight's shitposting. 

:huh:  Eh !!??

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with erstwhile Saintee David Weatherston. He's a great guy and a brilliant talker and this 40-minute episode sees him talking exclusively about his year at McDiarmid Park.

Some great stories and insight in here, especially about his problems with anxiety. Very honest and open.

I think you'll like it.

CLICK

Really enjoyed that. He comes across well. Philosophical about the difficulties he faced, which is admirable.  Really feel for him over the Challenge Cup Final snub in particular.

The Dundee United question will always be an interesting “what if” for him - and fair enough too - but United were signing players at an insane rate at that time, and plenty of them found themselves cast aside pretty quickly, so there would have been no guarantees at Tannadice.

He was a player I wanted to see succeed at Saints. Bags of pace and loads of potential. It’s a shame he didn’t get the kind of breaks he needed.

Edited by WendyWho?

I think you'll like it.

CLICK

Tremendous stuff. You can hear the poor man’s frustration about the two cup matches in particular - easy to see why he talks with regret about his decision to turn down more money and a longer contract from Dundee United to play for us. I think he’s someone that we all wanted to see succeed but it just didn’t quite work out for him with us. Obviously didn’t realise the issues he was having with anxiety which is really awful to hear. 

I think you'll like it.

CLICK

Listened to this earlier, a really good listen. My memory of him was he turned in some good performances and was one of those players the support wanted to do well and could see the potential in but it never really happened for him. Obviously so raging at being dropped for the challenge cup final it clouded his memory of our brilliant first half going 3-0 up! A shame he said that joining Saints was one of his only regrets in football. Looking forward to the other parts of his interview being released.

Any chance the next time your guest has played for Saints they've had a good experience? Between Weatherston, Bobby Barr and Sean Higgins theres not been much success at Saints to talk about!

Thanks for the comments, pleased to hear the supporters have enjoyed it. I think we really both enjoyed recording the show. Keep your ears peeled for parts three, four and five, which will be out soon.

Shout out to Radford for the pointers about his time at the club, very big help.

9 minutes ago, Reignman said:

Listened to this earlier, a really good listen. My memory of him was he turned in some good performances and was one of those players the support wanted to do well and could see the potential in but it never really happened for him. Obviously so raging at being dropped for the challenge cup final it clouded his memory of our brilliant first half going 3-0 up! A shame he said that joining Saints was one of his only regrets in football. Looking forward to the other parts of his interview being released.

Any chance the next time your guest has played for Saints they've had a good experience? Between Weatherston, Bobby Barr and Sean Higgins theres not been much success at Saints to talk about!

There was talk of Paul Paton doing one earlier this season. That would be some laugh given his exit! 

3 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Thanks for the comments, pleased to hear the supporters have enjoyed it. I think we really both enjoyed recording the show. Keep your ears peeled for parts three, four and five, which will be out soon.

Shout out to Radford for the pointers about his time at the club, very big help.

I think you got the balance of asking questions and letting him talk down perfectly, as you always seem to do in these interviews. Weatherston certainly seems to have a different character than a lot of the other guests - definitely prefers an arm around the shoulder and probably more thoughtful than some ofthe others. Certainly I can’t see him indulging in pranks involving jobbies, nor would he enjoy being shouted at by psychopath managers. 

Really, really enjoyed listening to that. Weatherson's story in itself was interesting but equally the overall picture painted of Coyle and McInnes too. 

Was happy to help give a little bit of background info for it but the fact CT as host puts in that effort must help the players open up more and you couldn't fault DW for his openness and honesty. 

I've only watched a few of them in fairness but folk lavish praise on Simon Ferry for the interviews he does but questions barely extend past stating what move a player made then asking what it was like at that club. Not a patch on the podcasts that THHP produce. 

WAP rumour we have offered Liam Polworth a contract now confirmed.

Asked about him on their thread last night but there doesn't seem many of their fans left on here, can apparently play well as a "10" or further back, but is useless on the wing.

A, sort of, description of him..

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.com/2018/12/in-defence-of-liam-polworth.html?m=1

Edited by RandomGuy.