Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

What’s the latest on Scougall?

That Agent Scotland twitter page(yeah I know don’t laugh) claims Ayr are in for him but I understand he’s on a pretty decent wage. Most likely out of our price range.

Any of you lads heard anything about our possibly interest?

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That Agent Scotland twitter page(yeah I know don’t laugh) claims Ayr are in for him but I understand he’s on a pretty decent wage. Most likely out of our price range.

He's on a "six figure salary" apparently. 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

There's been a few fans asking about him but i think they've been just curious as to why a quality player is being allowed to leave us. I'm not sure there have been any solid rumours about where his next move may be at all. 

As RandomGuy has said, our chairman confirmed there are players in our squad who are earning six figure basic salaries and we apparently 'pushed the boat out' to get Scougall. I think it's fair to assume he'll be one of the players on a high wage (£2k a week potentially) so I'd guess you'd have to pay a sizable chunk of that to get him on loan or perhaps give Scougall himself a good offer which would reduce the pay off we'd have to make to 'mutually terminate' him.  As things stand, I can see Scougall just holding out with us until summer and picking up his wage - he's unlikely to get a better contract than ours next time out and a few more months wont have much of an effect on the offers he's likely to get.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

There's been a few fans asking about him but i think they've been just curious as to why a quality player is being allowed to leave us. I'm not sure there have been any solid rumours about where his next move may be at all. 

As RandomGuy has said, our chairman confirmed there are players in our squad who are earning six figure basic salaries and we apparently 'pushed the boat out' to get Scougall. I think it's fair to assume he'll be one of the players on a high wage (£2k a week potentially) so I'd guess you'd have to pay a sizable chunk of that to get him on loan or perhaps give Scougall himself a good offer which would reduce the pay off we'd have to make to 'mutually terminate' him.  As things stand, I can see Scougall just holding out with us until summer and picking up his wage - he's unlikely to get a better contract than ours next time out and a few more months wont have much of an effect on the offers he's likely to get.

He obviously has no future here so if he wants to play his only option is to leave.His contract will probably expire at the end of June so it will cost around 50K to keep him,if another club comes in for him there will need to be some kind of payoff that suits both parties.Given that he cannot possibly be happy with his position here, signing for another club and putting himself in the shop window would be a good option.I reckon a settlement figure of around 20 to 25K  would be about right 

Kyle McClean to Linfield on loan is the word on the street in south Belfast.

Good move for him? He wasn't going to get a Championship club but is this better than League One or League Two? Will playing in a team at the top of the league suit him? Will he get a game?

Absolutely zero clue about how Linfield set up/what players they have, or what level the league is, but based of the name of the club it feels like a better move than I expected.

If he can't make an impression there, though, then you'd imagine he'll struggle to ever make it with us.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely zero clue about how Linfield set up/what players they have, or what level the league is, but based of the name of the club it feels like a better move than I expected.

If he can't make an impression there, though, then you'd imagine he'll struggle to ever make it with us.

Random you appear to have a reflexive need to reply to tweets..If you have "Absolutely zero clue" about the Club or the League..How on earth can it be a "Better move than you expected" :lol:

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

9 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Random you appear to have a reflexive need to reply to tweets..If you have "Absolutely zero clue" about the Club or the League..How on earth can it be a "Better move than you expected" :lol:

Because Linfield, from what I know of them, are a bigger club than Albion Rovers or Edinburgh City.

Put it this way, I didn't expect him to get a top flight club going for a domestic treble.