Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I feel like this is the one time where a newly released Michael O’Halloran won’t be on saints radar.

However -

O’Halloran - Kennedy - Swanson

With Watt upfront. Would certainly mitigate the pace filled hope on the right hand side that Wright has vacated. Wonder if we offer him a 6 month deal to get his fitness back knowing he’ll try his luck down south again, given he’s getting older.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

I feel like this is the one time where a newly released Michael O’Halloran won’t be on saints radar.

However -

O’Halloran - Kennedy - Swanson

With Watt upfront. Would certainly mitigate the pace filled hope on the right hand side that Wright has vacated. Wonder if we offer him a 6 month deal to get his fitness back knowing he’ll try his luck down south again, given he’s getting older.

On the flip side, getting an overpriced unfit Mikey wouldn't be ideal business for St Johnstone FC.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Any young striker you'd like to loan out to Queens, we have had Zander Clark, Jason Kerr Chris Kane and they have returned to you having enjoyed the 1st team experience we gave them. Benificial to both clubs. 

We've got two midfielders available for loan, central players, but I'm not convinced they'd be useful for the level you're at just now.

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Any young striker you'd like to loan out to Queens, we have had Zander Clark, Jason Kerr Chris Kane and they have returned to you having enjoyed the 1st team experience we gave them. Benificial to both clubs. 

There aren't any young players of their standard at the moment, other than centre back Liam Gordon, who won't be going out on loan.

There are a couple of young midfielders - Ali McCann and Kyle McClean - that the manager wants to farm out but I'd be surprised if that was to Championship clubs.

Callum Hendry would have fitted the bill but he's on loan to Brechin - who seem to have dragged him down to their level - for the season and can't play for another club this season anyway.

If you are really unlucky, you might get Aaron Comrie.

I would take Michael O'Halloran back in a flash, either on a short-term or longer deal. The manager didn't want to lose him last January and the player spoke well about Saints only last month.

He's the sort of player I think the chairman would back the manager for and usually a player with his links to the club, you'd think would be keen to come back. But with the way O'Halloran's brain works, he'll probably end up signing for St Mirren before realising it was us that he used to play for.

Talk of a hamstring injury is a worry as well given the explosive nature of his play. That could be a real problem down the line. When a winger loses their pace, you end up with Lee Croft the second time around.

Rumours been that he's on his way to Hibs.

You seem to be pedalling this on every single teams thread. Whilst I’ve got no doubt every team bar the OF will take a look, there’s no indication it’s true. The whole McClaren thing you suggested is irrelevant since he’s been released from his contract entirely.

Would I take him back, yes. Do I think we will, no.

7 hours ago, Widge said:

You seem to be pedalling this on every single teams thread. Whilst I’ve got no doubt every team bar the OF will take a look, there’s no indication it’s true. The whole McClaren thing you suggested is irrelevant since he’s been released from his contract entirely.

Would I take him back, yes. Do I think we will, no.

Just seems a bit coincidental someone, a month ago, claimed he'd be heading to Hibs and MacLaren would be headed there. 

Then O'Halloran is released and is returning to Scotland, while the Hibs supporters group accidentally tweeted, then deleted it, that MacLaren was returning to Australia.

I'd imagine we'd need to get rid of someone to bring him in. McMillan has had interest, not sure if he'd feel ready to give up on full time football, although I'm sure there's Irish teams that are full time?

8 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Comrie would do alright at that level imo.

Agreed,he got hung out to dry by TW at Killie in the second half,when anyone would’ve struggled against Jones,first half he was fine,just as he was in the draw at Parkhead,seems to be a few fans fall guy from youth level,while Brown and Caddis got any easier ride in a far easier position,fans seem to overreact constantly,Tanser was shite  according to some,as was Fisher,Willock and others,but given time to adapt and find their feet,all are at our level no problem 

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Some craniums will be detached if we re-sign MOH, which would be enjoyable. Some of the comments I’ve read regarding Swanson recently have been ridiculously reactionary, and stems from a belief that players should never leave to better their wallets and if they do Saints should never sign them again. Brutal stuff. 

Hopefully get some detachment then....this late this week, maybe next.

6 minutes ago, Billy Budd said:

Hopefully get some detachment then....this late this week, maybe next.

Aren’t you the fellow that correctly announced we’d be signing Callachan and Swanson? 

IT’S HAPPENING