Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

:lol: you boys are fucking loving the bait tonight

Worth noting you appeared on this thread to react to something that had literally nothing to do with you.

This was the inspiring chat that made be search that table. Nice to know you look through this thread in your spare time though.

Shaughnessy in the press this morning expressing his desire to extend his contract with us. He's probably the one I'm most concerned about given the influence he now has on the team so would be a real bonus and the perfect Christmas present if we could get that sorted quickly.

Dis team :wub: 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Shaughnessy in the press this morning expressing his desire to extend his contract with us. He's probably the one I'm most concerned about given the influence he now has on the team so would be a real bonus and the perfect Christmas present if we could get that sorted quickly.

Dis team :wub: 

Having Clark, Kerr and Shaughnessy tied down long term would be boost, get Tanser in there too and all we've to do is find a replacement for Foster over the next 12 months, and that's the defence sorted for a few years.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Having Clark, Kerr and Shaughnessy tied down long term would be boost, get Tanser in there too and all we've to do is find a replacement for Foster over the next 12 months, and that's the defence sorted for a few years.

Liam Gordon too, don't forget about that sexy fucker.

Not sure wee Ricky needs replacing in the next 12 months tbh.

11 hours ago, The Marly said:
15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Agreed he still looks incredibly fit 

17 hours ago, The Marly said:
21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

6 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Agreed he still looks incredibly fit 

While I agree he's been superb this season, and still looks more than capable, he turns 35 in the Summer, the same age Mackay had to retire at.

Combine that with the Easton situation, and you worry an injury would end things for him. I'd hate to be starting next season with Foster as the only real right back, and then him picking up a knock that he never recovers from.

I think we all agree Comrie won't replace him, and Shaughnessy is better in the middle. 

It would be irresponsible if the club weren't looking to sign a right back in either January or the summer.  We've seen in the past that it can almost be overnight that players start to dip when they get into in their mid-thirties. Accepting that playing Shaughnessy there isn't ideal, it'd be a big risk to run with just a 34-year-old and a competition winner next season. 

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Wonder what Clive’s up to?

I'm sure I looked him up in the Summer when folk were chatting about him, and he's virtually disappeared. Joined some diddy team on a deal until the end of the season, but was never mentioned in any retain/release list, and doesn't appear on their squad page. No mention of him at all since.

Fwiw in a dream world we'd spend a fee on Ryan Williamson at Dunfermline. His contract expires in the Summer but Dunfermline would be due a compensation fee, stick a nominal fee in with multiple clauses and see what happens.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Saints fullback record in recent years is very decent actually. Even ones who looked rubbish to begin with, namely Tanser and Fisher. Mackay, Easton (pre-injury), Foster to name a few have all been damn solid. Given how long saints went without decent fullbacks it’s good to see.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Wonder what Clive’s up to?

So many sliding doors moments in football. He looked a decent player but seems to be playing at level 7 on the English pyramid now. Then you look at Scott Tanser. Hadn't really worked for him at Rochdale and Port Vale and he had an inauspicious start at Saints. If Easton stayed fit, he quite possibly gets let go last summer and it'd be back down south but probably not to a league club. It's a downward spiral at that point. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure I looked him up in the Summer when folk were chatting about him, and he's virtually disappeared. Joined some diddy team on a deal until the end of the season, but was never mentioned in any retain/release list, and doesn't appear on their squad page. No mention of him at all since.

http://athertoncollieries.co.uk/news/news-201819/clive-smith-signs-on/