Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I think Wright’s realised the ship has sailed on his big move and now that the chairman appears on the face of it to be buying in and backing him more, with success so far. It makes perfect sense for him to commit, knew it was coming after his “another 250 games” comment.

Unreal news, surprised at the length of it but shows unreal commitment. His interview at half time of the Alba coverage was promising in terms of a new contract but you're always worried someone would tempt him away.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who's all out of contract this Summer @Kyle?

Have to wonder if TWs commitment will help persuade the likes of Watt to extend their stay.

I think the main ones we need to worry about are Foster, Gordon, Shaughnessy, Tanser, Easton, Alston, Craig, Wotherspoon and Watt. 

I’d like Clark, Kerr, Kennedy and Wright on extended deals too as they are genuinely sellable assets  and I’d like at least another year on their deals so we don’t walk into May situation with them. 

Scougall, Comrie, the Hurst brothers, Mitchell (loan) are all out of contract too but I doubt any of them will be here next year. 

(That’s off the top of my head btw - I’ve maybe forgotten one or two others)  

Edit: I forgot about McClean and McCann. Can’t see there being issues extending their deals though. 

Edited by Kyle

Fully agree about getting the 4 you mention on extended deals. Giving out better deals now should pay dividends in 2/3 years time. Whether Brown has it in him to take a short term hit for the longer term gamble is the issue though. There’s not many in the top 16/18 I wouldn’t want here next season tbf.