Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Hopefully it isn't serious but you do fear the worst. He's been our most consistent player going forward so far this season and will be really missed if he's out long term.

This might open the door for Swanson to get a run in the team if he can get over the niggles that have blighted his first couple of months back with us. It's easy enough to move Wotherspoon to the right and bring Swanson in on the left which hopefully doesn't impact as much on the quality of the team, although we'll lose a lot of pace in the attacking line up without him.

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Jesus - Drey Wright is out for the rest of the season. 

That's an absolute b*****d. Shame for him as he was clearly absolutely buzzing every time he got the ball.

Makes the signing of Swanson look like a master stroke though, we'd have a real lack of creative option if he hadn't joined.

Edited by RandomGuy.

This is going to impact us a lot more than people may think. We looked a visibly worse team on Saturday without him. All of a sudden there’s a distinct lack of pace and ball carrying in midfield. Spoony has come onto a game recently thankfully but it probably won’t last and Alston can’t play out there as we know. So that leaves you with Kennedy as backup and he’s far more effective floating and cutting inside.

Dreadful news. A player producing every week and who has been brilliant going forward and protecting Foster all season.

I assume the least disruptive option will be to bring Swanson in on the left and move Wotherspoon to the right. But the loss of Wright’s pace and link up with Foster is a nightmare.

I'd assume Spoony right and Swanson left is how we'll go, as that was the set up after Wright went off.

Opens up a chance for Scougall again, who should be trying to convince TW he's worthy of a spot on a wing, as I imagine Kennedy, Swanson and McMillan are all ahead of him in the role behind a striker.

Big loss as his pace gives us something different. Shame we don't still have Craig Thomson. 

Plenty of options in reserve but none with the pace of Wright. It's such a shame for him as well as I think observers of the league were starting to take note of him as well. Hopefully they get the surgery done and he might make it back for a few games in May.

Last ACL injury I can remember was Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and it took him almost 7 months to get playing again, and I don't think he had any set backs at all.

6 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Let's look on the bright side. Drey's going nowhere in January, probably not in the summer either and will likely be fit and raring to go for both of the games in next season's Euro campaign.  

It's sad news but I'm liking that outlook. 

Tommy Wright was on the radio before the game the day Murray Davidson got injured slagging off artificial pitches and the injuries they cause , that’s 2 bad injuries on your pitch this season, potentialy another one with Stuart Findlay being carried off.  Wonder what his big fat puss has to say now.

30 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Tommy Wright was on the radio before the game the day Murray Davidson got injured slagging off artificial pitches and the injuries they cause , that’s 2 bad injuries on your pitch this season, potentialy another one with Stuart Findlay being carried off.  Wonder what his big fat puss has to say now.

Something along the lines of "Just because someone gets injures playing on grass, it doesn't automatically mean artificial pitches aren't a load of shite.  However, I wouldn't expect a drug addled dickhead from Kilmarnock to understand that,"