Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, the blame lies in other places, all people are doing is forcing someone out of a job.

Come on, this doesn't help. There are not even a dozen folk on here making a few comments, verging not beyond semi-serious. To talk about forcing folk out of a job is ridiculous.

I bet not a single Saints fan wants Gary Henderson to not make a big success of this job.

Just now, Radford said:

Come on, this doesn't help. There are not even a dozen folk on here making a few comments, verging not beyond semi-serious. To talk about forcing folk out of a job is ridiculous.

I bet not a single Saints fan wants Gary Henderson to not make a big success of this job.

He'll read these comments. How would you feel if you spent 9 hours a day slogging away at things, getting almost no support from the club, to come on here and see people saying you're useless and not doing a single thing?

Fair play to him if he sticks by it, but a lot of people would be inclined to walk away from such a shite situation.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll read these comments. How would you feel if you spent 9 hours a day slogging away at things, getting almost no support from the club, to come on here and see people saying you're useless and not doing a single thing?

Fair play to him if he sticks by it, but a lot of people would be inclined to walk away from such a shite situation.

You seem to know many details about the poor lad's daily life and workload. How would you feel if you spent 9 hours a day slogging away at things, getting almost no support from the club, only to look out your office window for a quiet moment of reflection and see RandomGuy there with a pair of binoculars taking notes :lol:

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Bit off to slag him IMO.

The club asked you to help out with the social media a while back and you turned it down.

Gary is a paid employee of the club. Was Radford offered any financial support to produce work or was he just expected to do what other people are now being paid to do for free? 

I wont criticise Gary too much because it’s clear the guy has a lot on his plate on a daily and weekly basis.  I’d like to think there’s a lot going on in the background that we’ll see front of house soon. 

Edited by Kyle

18 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I see the old railway yard area is being cleared. Looks like its going to be developed soon - anyone know what’s going in there? I mind folk said that would have been a great place to put a new stadium if we ever left McDiarmid. The dream is over!

IMG_3687.thumb.jpg.a97202c445cf84578728c6a6488cd20d.jpg

I have no idea where that is.

On 17/11/2018 at 15:06, 7-2 said:

Bit harsh imho. It's not exactly the Times or Private Eye it's written for. I found it a pretty standard football piece and harmless enough.

I was surprised at Fraser saying Killie's crowds had increased when the poster here said they hadn't though.

Oooh, interesting one! Actually, good on the club for having the nous to ask him as many people wanted him take it over. Shame it was a no. Booooooo Radford. Fucking booooooooo...

Yeah that is exactly my point harmless bland uninformative mush..Does this guy actually support or know anything about the club..

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I see the old railway yard area is being cleared. Looks like its going to be developed soon - anyone know what’s going in there? I mind folk said that would have been a great place to put a new stadium if we ever left McDiarmid. The dream is over!

IMG_3687.thumb.jpg.a97202c445cf84578728c6a6488cd20d.jpg

This is state-owned land that Network Rail doesn't need any more and which is being tidied up with a view to selling it for housing. 

The good news is that the taxpayers will receive the sale proceeds to plough into services for the good of the nation.

The bad news is that it won't be the Scottish taxpayers but the Germans. Isn't privatisation wonderful?

1 hour ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

This is state-owned land that Network Rail doesn't need any more and which is being tidied up with a view to selling it for housing. 

The good news is that the taxpayers will receive the sale proceeds to plough into services for the good of the nation.

The bad news is that it won't be the Scottish taxpayers but the Germans. Isn't privatisation wonderful?

Not wanting to piss on your parade... it’s not being tidied up with a view to housing at all.

Currently around GRIP 4 stage for development of Railway Investment Projects. It’s to be a modern rail depot with enabling works commencing late February early March.

5 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Not wanting to piss on your parade... it’s not being tidied up with a view to housing at all.

Currently around GRIP 4 stage for development of Railway Investment Projects. It’s to be a modern rail depot with enabling works commencing late February early March.

I'd be very happy indeed if that was the case. Is this a recent development? The last I heard (sometime last year) is that PKC were supporting its disposal by DB for housing.

1 hour ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

I'd be very happy indeed if that was the case. Is this a recent development? The last I heard (sometime last year) is that PKC were supporting its disposal by DB for housing.

Part of the delivery team, definitely the case. I don’t believe it to be anything new either. This was to be constructed under a  multi asset framework agreement (MAFA) with the funding now in place for enabling works post the demise of a major contractor.

4 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

A bit more insight,a bit of info that we didn't know already..Remember this guy is getting paid to come up with this peurile nonsence 

Like what?

5 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

A bit more insight,a bit of info that we didn't know already..Remember this guy is getting paid to come up with this peurile nonsence 

It's a basic piece promoting the next home game and trying to build up interest during an international break. Criticising that is rather OTT. Nothing wrong with it.

13 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

So you enjoyed the content then ??

I'd rather it was a video personally but this filled a minute during my break. The courier prints articles like this regularly, except this time I was on the saints website reading saints content instead of finding it elsewhere so it's done its job.

Edited by Stelling