Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

You just said you found it strange people were blaming the manager? I don't disagree the players are also to blame but the manager has to take blame also.
The first comment you made you did not say this.

Yet took off Foster just before half time was an odd one. However second half wasn't so bad.

I watched both games and second game yes Celtic played better but tactics he made a c**t of it
Yeah my first post on it was hurried and reading it back doesn't really reflect what I was trying to say.
Basically what I mean is that Tommy at fault but so are the players for showing a lack of fight and personal pride during that first half. Still think those wanting the manager to be sacked are well wide of the mark though.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yet in the cup you didn't get beat that badly ?

So he got it right the first time ( well still lost ) and second game you got pumped.

So the manager I presume changed something?

Yes Tommy could have done things a bit better, but Celtic were clinical on Sunday, and were a bit wasteful in the 1-0 cup match, and very sluggish in the first half that day. I'm quite confident if Celtic had got an early goal in the cup match, they'd have got a bit of momentum, and we'd have crumbled almost as effectively as we did on Sunday.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Great bit of business getting young Ross Sinclair signed up till 2021. If he stays injury free he'll be some keeper.

Assume it's a typo saying he joined us in 2003

Edited by RandomGuy.

Reading an article today about Tony Watt which suggests that the club have the option of extending his deal at the end of the season much like we’ve done in the past. If so then that’s a really clever bit of thinking by the club. I think Watt’s good for 15/20 goals across all competitions this season, which we’ve missed since May left.

9 hours ago, Widge said:

Reading an article today about Tony Watt which suggests that the club have the option of extending his deal at the end of the season much like we’ve done in the past. If so then that’s a really clever bit of thinking by the club. I think Watt’s good for 15/20 goals across all competitions this season, which we’ve missed since May left.

Let's wait and see how he fairs for the rest of the season. Although he has impressed in spells I'm not totally convinced on the bold Tony

Yet.

10 hours ago, Widge said:

It's mid-October and he's got one league goal to his name, and five overall. The next few games are a decent opportunity for him, and he needs to be scoring for us in those types of games.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's mid-October and he's got one league goal to his name, and five overall. The next few games are a decent opportunity for him, and he needs to be scoring for us in those types of games.

The ref gave him the Hibs goal, so I’m happy with his assertion , and not Michael Stewart’s 

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Should really just get the football manager community to design our kits in the future.

DpVIHbZW0AA6bvB.thumb.jpeg.a0fb14599a0d321671c14e9d4f8b4bd3.jpeg

DpVIISOWsAE_3ls.thumb.jpeg.2926a54ee533c8773e8e3bdde5c89b69.jpeg

Lovely.  One simple clean coherent design.  Also the return of the Grouse!

The kit committee (one of the directors 5 year old kids I can only assume) would never go for such understated elegance

2 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Lovely.  One simple clean coherent design.  Also the return of the Grouse!

The kit committee (one of the directors 5 year old kids I can only assume) would never go for such understated elegance

Those are both belters. Even the sponsor's logo's a cracker. Shame booze sponsorship is banned, but gambling's fine.

EDIT: Looked it up and it seems it's not banned. Which makes the lack of alcohol brands when betting is all over the place rather glaring.

Edited by csteinle
Self correction

Was going to put this on the match thread but I feel that thread deserves to die, be buried and never shown the light of day again; however, over a week after the event, I just want to re-emphasise how pathetic a performance and result that last match was for Saints.

Yes Celtic have better players, are a decent side, and losing to them is not a completely unexpected occurrence. But just reading the Kilmarnock thread, and it was pointed out that since Steve Clarke took over they have played Celtic 4 times, drawn twice and won twice conceding a total of TWO goals over those 4 matches.

We took 5 in a half (hour).

I think it's too easy to fall into the trap of saying it's Celtic, they're capable of doing it to anyone on their day etc... but they haven't. Only us.

Big improvement required this weekend.