Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Could be. He's got the security of a 2 year deal though so could be used as a back up until that contract expires, which I don't think would be the end of the world. On current form there's no chance he's displacing Kerr and Shaughnessy and I reckon Gordon's distribution is a better fit for this team too.

Of the cup winning starters, only Anderson, Wotherspoon and Easton remain and I'd argue all 3 are now starting to fall out of the picture a bit with us, certainly long term.

I'd forgotten about the 2 year deal. 

He definitely is down the pecking order now. Good backup to have though.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Anybody think that this season will be the last one for Ando?

He'll be back up I think now. Kerr will probably be gone in the next 18 months so Ando will still have a part to play. 

What a player. If you had to pick 5 centre backs for your fantasy World Cup squad of 23 players who have played for Saints in McDiarmid era, who would you go for?
Kernaghan, Baltacha and Duberry the easy picks for me.

Wright would be a definite for me. Excellent defender and terrific reader of the game. Kernaghan would be my first choice though. I'd probably stick with 4 rather than 5 though because MacKay is going to be one of the right backs for sure.

Griffin was certainly my first thought for the fourth too. Like the Dave Mackay shout. Momo Sylla would be one of my right backs and with Mackay in there (and Sylla's versatility) it'd then be a choice between Mark Treanor and John McQuillan. Left backs easy for me, Callum Davidson and Goran Stanic.

Bit sad not to see Andos name mentioned more often, tbh. I'd definitely have him in a top five in my lifetime.

In saying that I'd probably have Kevin James aswell though, purely because I loved the boy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit sad not to see Andos name mentioned more often, tbh. I'd definitely have him in a top five in my lifetime.

In saying that I'd probably have Kevin James aswell though, purely because I loved the boy.

Ando has been good for us but I have always viewed him as a player who only plays well when there is a senior partner with him(Duberry Wright etc) His spell as captain was a bit of a disaster so yes a good player but not that great 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've been asked to write an article for the club on my favourite all time Saints XI with subs and Ando makes it, I guess everyone's team would have their own personal connections etc.

I do however have some players who only played at Muirton Park so would differ from any team posted here.