Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Ryan Edwards is meant to be going on loan, has anyone signed him, he always looks good against us 

Was linked with St Mirren a few days ago but not heard anything since. 

Dont think he's what we need tbh, think Nydam was signed as the "playmaker" we've wanted all summer and the other target is someone who'll be capable of covering for Muzz. 

Just guessing though. 

Good on him.

Its an absolute farce and good on him for fighting the corner of one of his players.

So basically Kerr has been fairly regular for the under 21's the past year or so, and was apparently Scotland's best defender at the Toulon tournament.

For the first game of the new campaign, Tommy is told that after this qualification campaign, Kerr will be too old so they're leaving him out. Tommy says fair enough, but then looks into it and they have several players in the squad who are older than Kerr.

And as for calling up Bates... This is a lad who is playing German second division and was so bad in his first game of the season against a team most folk have never heard of, he was subbed after 57 minutes and slaughtered in the press, and dropped for their next game.

Jason Kerr meanwhile has been excellent for Saints, and up there with Watt as ourbest performer in the three league games so far.

I hope Scotland get pumped at every level next week.

Trying to remember a transfer deadline where I've been so unperturbed as to whether we sign anyone or not.

Central midfielder would be good. Cover at full back or another attack option just a happy bonus.

Bar the right back and, arguably, the goalkeeper position we have competition for places everywhere.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

RandomGuy plugging Michael Coulson in what can only be considered a bitch move.

Boo you, RandomGuy. Boo you.

I've plugged someone in that photo, that's for sure. 

5 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

How shit was Coulson?

Absolute imposter.

This has definitely been Tommys best transfer window all round.

Coulson would've been class if he could've stayed fit, IMO. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Coulson would've been class if he could've stayed fit, IMO. 

Don't know. I certainly didn't see anything to make me think there was a player there. 

He wasn't Morgan shit. But was definitely a disappointing signing.

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

How shit was Coulson?

Absolute imposter.

This has definitely been Tommys best transfer window all round.

This. Coulson was a total nothing footballer. He didn't have any particular strengths and he had a block head like Paul Paton. His signing interview saying he was surprised a club of our stature had picked him up and he felt he'd been rubbish for the season prior to signing for us sums it up really.

From the match preview on the official website;

The transfer deadline closes in Scotland tonight and the manager isn't ruling out some activity in the final hours of the window.

"You never know and if the right player becomes available to us then we might do something. There have been enquiries about some of our young players going out on-loan as well but that window remains open for the lower leagues for another month. So, there could still be the possibility of players going out on-loan after the window closes tonight.

"If we can add another player to strengthen then we'll certainly try but if not, I'm happy with the squad and I think we've had a very good windows this summer."

Danny Swanson is available, Thomas. Make it happen.