Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You think we'd get as much as that for Scougall? I'd imagine St Mirren, Livingston, Accies and Motherwell would also be interested in a creative player.. not sure how many could afford him. Possibly Dundee as well?

Coincidentally, I just thought fo Scougall as a potential signing target for us. No idea what the financial situation would be but I think he'd be a great addition for us. Apart from Deacon, we don't really have anyone who likes to drift wide at all (I know Scougall plays inside but he seems like he can roam) and try to hit the byline.

17 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Coincidentally, I just thought fo Scougall as a potential signing target for us. No idea what the financial situation would be but I think he'd be a great addition for us. Apart from Deacon, we don't really have anyone who likes to drift wide at all (I know Scougall plays inside but he seems like he can roam) and try to hit the byline.

He'd certainly enjoy playing with the midfielders you currently have. He looks a bit out of the picture for us at the moment unfortunately - an unused sub in the last 2 league games and 3 substitute cameos which amount to 19 minutes against Queen of the South, Forfar and Kilmarnock since he started (and scored the winner) against Falkirk. indeed, the only two games he's started this season were at home against lower league opposition in the league cup group stages.

For whatever reason, it's not working for Scougall at Saints just now.  He's got tonnes of ability which we've seen in flashes, but 2 goals and maybe 2 assists in more than a season isn't a good enough return  for a player as good as he is and for one of our higher earners.

I'd be tremendously disappointed to see him go because of what I thought he could/would contribute to us. Reality is though that he's just not hit the heights we need and with the impact made by the new signings, I'm not sure he'd be missed that much, especially if it opened the door for Swanson to come back.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

He’s not really been playing. He’s a little down the pecking order just now and he’s had an injury as well so he’s barely played as of yet. 

Sigh, another shitey Canada call-up, luckily we are only playing the US Virgin Islands.  On the plus side. at least he's better than Fraser Aird. 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

In fairness, he can be a very good player, just lacks confidence. We’ve signed two wide players who look very promising and that’s forced him inside and he’s just not a centre midfielder. Given space out wide he can do damage though and he absolutely loves a tackle and I’d imagine will be a good influence for the younger players in the squad as he’s a top professional. 

Ok that's a little more encouraging!  We have a lot of promising youngsters like Alphonso Davies, Jonathan David, Liam Millar etc who are under 20 so hopefully he can provide them some good guidance. 

11 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Sigh, another shitey Canada call-up, luckily we are only playing the US Virgin Islands.  On the plus side. at least he's better than Fraser Aird. 

Wotherspoon is and has always been one of the most frustrating players ever to have played for Saints! On his day he can be absolutely genius on the ball, a joy to watch, edge of your seat moves etc... When it's not his day though it really shows, he'll struggle with the most basic of moves and it appears to get to him. The head lowers and you know this games much of a right off for him.  Credit where credit is due though. he doesn't give up and keeps plugging away until he's inevitably subbed off.

It's a shame really, you can see there is an incredibly skilled player in there screaming to get out and perform on a more consistent basis. Though had that ever been the case he would be playing with a bigger team than the likes of Saints in a bigger league.

It’s probably that because they’re part time he can continue to train with saints as well. He’s spoken about learning from Watt a lot. Plus given his injury record it’s probably sensible to have him near to guys who know what his injuries are like.

He’ll get goals in that league, he’s too quick and tricky for your standard league one defenders to handle. Plus he’s not a lightweight wee laddie.

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That’s some signing for Brechin. Quite surprised a championship club  didn’t have a nibble. 

Probably better for him it's League One, if that makes sense. 

Hopefully McCann is next. 

Still can't see these moves being enough for two signings though, mind you. Window shuts at midnight tomorrow? 

Callachan signed before 5, Swanson released by Hibs five minutes before midnight. 

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Callachan is shite so hopefully not.

I can't remember what type of player he is at all tbh, box to box is the best I can think of but not sure where I've picked that up from. 

We'll probably wake up to a new name tomorrow morning. 

Ryan Edwards is meant to be going on loan, has anyone signed him, he always looks good against us 

Take that abysmal suggestion and fire it, the f**k into the sun.