Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

My memories were him sitting deep at their stadium dictating the game while we completely sat off him. 

In saying that, Abdul Osman/Adam Barton also looked like Beckenbauer against us. 

And Bannigan. 

And add McGowan and Kamara today! I don’t think we mind sitting deep and surrendering possession to shut down space thru/ behind us.

1 minute ago, The Woolshed said:

Any idea what happened to muzz today? I’ve been away all day and only just catching up on the match.

Didn't really see the tackle, it looked like muzzle and two others coming together, but in the managers interview it looks like it could be a serious one 

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

3 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Any idea what happened to muzz today? I’ve been away all day and only just catching up on the match.

Their right back cut into the middle of the park, and there was a collision of sorts between him and Kennedy who were both facing Muzz. 

He couldn't put weight on his right leg as he went off. 

Would be a big blow but I'd hope we don't now forget the main transfer target. I'd still rather one quality ball playing CM than go for two lesser players. 

16 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens are signing a defender on loan this week wonder if Liam Gordon will be available ?

I’d be disappointed if that’s the case as he looks ready to play for our top team now. Different style to Kerr (more dominating/good communicator, no nonsense but still comfortable with the ball at his feet) but every bit as good IMO. 

Might you be after a right back? We have Comrie who will likely be available too. He’s no where near as good as Kerr and Gordon though. 

22 minutes ago, Center half said:

Could be a ex Huddersfield  midfielder on his way I heard last week whilst I South Yorkshire, canny quite mind the name but Jordan was his name (I think)    

Jordan Sinnott? 

I'm really not on board with Liam Craig playing all season . He's had a couple of okay games but the praise he is getting is way over the top , and he has perfected the art of making it look like he has done his job and puts far too much pressure on team mates . The amount of slow lofted passes out wide which leave a team mate having to trap a ball with no pace meaning they have a player immediately on them and taking any momentum out of the attack , he shirks tackles or refuses to put them in , recent examples being a break away against hibs he refused to challenge for and let them break away , the chance queens had last week that let the guy run from the half way line and hit the bar which would've put us out the cup , and he does the most half arsed closing down with a sort of weird side step where he makes no attempt to win the ball , put pressure on or block the pass sees us out under far too much pressure . I loved him on his first spell and he's a good player to have but we cannot have him first choice , especially in a midfield 2 because he simply doesn't do enough .