Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Looks like Macca won't be missed in the dying minutes of a game.  Where are Partick Thistle when you need them?!

I hadn't really followed Watt's career other than knowing about the goal v Barca, though I thought he looked good for Hearts against us once or twice. Seems the Charlton fans loved him though from reading comments.

What's everyones thoughts on Tommy openly admitting to playing Kerr before better players that play his position? 

Now I know he has resale value to the club and there has been interest, but imo a couple of the defenders on the books would have done better at the goal on Sunday. Tommy and his games ay, what's he like?

Of our centre backs, Kerr’s the one most likely to make mistakes as far as I’m concerned. He’s great for the most part and for 85 minutes against Hibs he didn’t put a foot wrong, nor did you really see him which is good. But he got his body position in totally the wrong position for dealing with that ball, why he was running back towards his own goal I don’t know, face it head on and clear it. Foster was quick to tell him that as well.

He was running towards our goal as it was a great ball from Boyle,if Ando hadn’t been dragged out of position he’d have been better placed to deal with the cross,having said that Foster was having a go because he should’ve gone with his head and tried to clear it,rather than waiting for it with his foot,therefore letting Shaw in with his head

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He was running towards our goal as it was a great ball from Boyle,if Ando hadn’t been dragged out of position he’d have been better placed to deal with the cross,having said that Foster was having a go because he should’ve gone with his head and tried to clear it,rather than waiting for it with his foot,therefore letting Shaw in with his head

Yes it was a great ball in,  decent defenders should clear that all day long though. He let it come across him which is criminal imo. Almost as bad as when Ando turns his back. 

I know the only way to learn is by making these mistakes and Kerr and Gordon will make mistakes this season, of that there's no doubt, if they do get game time. Think Kerr will be away within a year if Tommy gets his way though.

I really felt for Liam Gordon on Saturday,he’s been our standout cb so far this season,and him and Kerr would’ve been my choice,but Tommy’s paid to do that,as you say Jason should’ve gone with his head instead of letting it run across him,and trying to kick it.but he’s still learning his trade at this level,and will be prone to errors 

Can we not just concede an incredible goal and not start piling the blame onto folk? The cross was unreal and the bounce killed any chance of it being headed away, the bounce occurred where Ando would've been, but he'd rightly followed a threat to force Hibs back. There was literally only one type of delivery possible to score from that position and Boyle nailed it. 

Theres not much between our centre halves. Gordon came on and performed just as well as Ando and Kerr, he also had a dodgy moment on the right where he let the ball bounce while under heavy pressure and just managed to kick the ball out before it was nicked off him and Hibs would've been in. All four centre halves have that in them.

Fine margins. 

I'm happy for TW to play Kerr ahead of Gordon if he believes it'll help sell Kerr, as there's little between them, and if we do get a six figure fee for Kerr we can use that on a CM, bring Gordon in, and be just as good at the back. 

Just my opinion, obvs. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

I really felt for Liam Gordon on Saturday,he’s been our standout cb so far this season,and him and Kerr would’ve been my choice,but Tommy’s paid to do that,as you say Jason should’ve gone with his head instead of letting it run across him,and trying to kick it.but he’s still learning his trade at this level,and will be prone to errors 
I believe Liam Gordon missed a few days of training so probably explains why was on the bench.

On 10/08/2018 at 18:02, tree house tam said:

How did you get on with the dictator?

Ross Cunningham is actually a very nice guy.

In all seriousness, I've only talked to Steve Brown on two or three occasions. He's always been complimentary about the music stuff, but he probably doesn't even know about the voluntary media work. I think he probably lets Paul Smith and Gary get on with that aspect of things, although some of the website/video content probably needs to be vetted by him before being published.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can we not just concede an incredible goal and not start piling the blame onto folk? The cross was unreal and the bounce killed any chance of it being headed away, the bounce occurred where Ando would've been, but he'd rightly followed a threat to force Hibs back. There was literally only one type of delivery possible to score from that position and Boyle nailed it. 

Agree. Just an absolute humdinger of a ball. Boyle had put one in a couple of minutes earlier which was begging to be attacked but drifted out for a goal kick (the one Hibs fans were going daft about claiming a corner), so you could also argue Kennedy and Tanser should have been far more proactive in trying to stop the cross coming in.

In the same fixture a year ago it was Boyle who ran riot against us, and he looked excellent again. Don't know if he only produces against us, but he looks a real threat whenever I see him.

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree. Just an absolute humdinger of a ball. Boyle had put one in a couple of minutes earlier which was begging to be attacked but drifted out for a goal kick (the one Hibs fans were going daft about claiming a corner), so you could also argue Kennedy and Tanser should have been far more proactive in trying to stop the cross coming in.

In the same fixture a year ago it was Boyle who ran riot against us, and he looked excellent again. Don't know if he only produces against us, but he looks a real threat whenever I see him.

I agree it was a good ball in but, sitting right in line with it, Kerr hesitated and then went with his foot. If he'd reacted straight away and gone with his head (like Shaw) he would certainly have got there first. Kennedy and Tanser should have worked harder to stop Boyle getting the cross in as well though. 

The one the Hibs fans were going daft about was definitely a corner, by the way. Clearly deflected off Tanser.  Another crap decision by the abject East Stand side linesman. 

Just posted in the match thread that our next two away games are Queens and Accies, which means our first 5 away matches of the season will be on AstroTurf.

Its not until the green green grass of ibrox on 22nd September that we will experience someone else's proper grass.

Fine for lower league teams, but shouldn't be allowed in the Premiership.

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
6 hours ago, tree house tam said:
Who was on the official Twitter last night then? Wee Watty?

No clue. No idea why he deleted the tweet.

Whoever it was shat it. I'd prefer if our twitter account livened up a bit.

Or our unofficial one for that matter, ay Radders?

Edited by tree house tam
Adding that last bit

Apparently Muzz is on 299 appearances, so Saturday will be his 300th.

Anyone got an "all time appearances" list? Be interesting to see how many of the top ten have been here in the period from Coyle to now.