Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Radford said:

We are really clutching here if pictures of billboards is quality output. Does one single fan give a f**k about that?

I feel you are playing devil's advocate here.

I agree, fans absolutely dont care about it but the sponsors themselves will if it gives them more exposure.

The obvious presumption would be the idea behind those kind of posts is to give the sponsors more for their money in the hope that increases our sponsorship and therefore generates more £. 

Was thinking about this the other day that the club and supporters will probably have vastly different perceptions on him what would be deemed a success for our PR guy.

For example if he can market the club better from a sponsorship or hospitality point of view and generates some decent extra income for the club our board of directors will deem it a success. In my opinion they dont understand modern ways to engage people. Beyond what is a very good ticket pricing structure for familes they ran out of ideas. 

Whereas supporters want interesting articles, video interviews etc. Basically exactly what Ross did!! Things that make us more excited for the game ahead. Although do they actually put more bums on seats? 

I must admit I do miss sitting watching the pre-match interviews on a Friday evening ahead og the weekend, looking forward to the game etc and I'm sure I'm not alone!

I do not know the marketing lad whatsoever but in his defence he absolutely won't have autonomy over any ideas he has. EVERY idea he has will have to be approved by Brown prior to it going ahead. If Brown doesn't like it, it simply doesn't happen. 

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The only issue I have is no match highlights. 

I've always thought this was not possible for League games as the highlight rights are sold but Motherwell do it?

Anyone able to clarify?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I'm struggling to see many examples of that to be honest, unless you count the reduction in emojis on the twitter feed.

Today we've had a match preview and a reminder of two offers for season ticket holders, plus a retweet of a league sponsor. 

Yesterday there was around eight bits of activity. 

I'm just not sure what folk want really, there's literally f**k all happening so what's there to talk about? 

The interview - it's not really a match preview - is the same as the one which circulated in the press and on websites earlier this morning. The saints card stuff is fine but there hasn't been any real attempt to advertise the match ahead of the game. Considering it's the first home game of the season which in itself is quite an exciting time of the calendar, that's a bit disappointing.

You mention 'around eight' bits (I assume you mean tweets?) there were two - one advertising a job, the other the match sponsor for the game on Sunday.

All of that is fine, but I don't think it's reaching for the stars to expect a bit better in terms of first team news/interviews/interactions etc. I don't grudge the guy his holidays and I think we can all see how hard the role he has been given is, but surely the primary aim for him would be to re-engage the fans. The odd tweet about sponsors etc is great and it should also be a priority trying to keep them happy, but was hoping for more output from him to build up positivity and excitement in the support.

From speaking to a lot of former die hard saints fans, there seems to be a lot of apathy towards the club. Given the 'decade of achievement' that seems mental but that's what happens when you don't engage properly with the support.

Edited by Kyle

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The interview - it's not really a match preview - is the same as the one which circulated in the press and on websites earlier this morning. The saints card stuff is fine but there hasn't been any real attempt to advertise the match ahead of the game. Considering it's the first home game of the season which in itself is quite an exciting time of the calendar, that's a bit disappointing.

You mention 'around eight' bits (I assume you mean tweets?) there were two - one advertising a job, the other the match sponsor for the game on Sunday.

All of that is fine, but I don't think it's reaching for the stars to expect a bit better in terms of first team news/interviews/interactions etc. I don't grudge the guy his holidays and I think we can all see how hard the role he has been given is, but surely the primary aim for him would be to re-engage the fans. The odd tweet about sponsors etc is great and it should also be a priority trying to keep them happy, but was hoping for more output from him to build up positivity and excitement in the support.

From speaking to a lot of former die hard saints fans, there seems to be a lot of apathy towards the club. Given the 'decade of achievement' that seems mental but that's what happens when you don't engage properly with the support.

Maybe, I just thinks it's harsh to be laying into a boy who's had a job about two months when it's pretty clear he's probably spending half his time getting ideas turned down

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I reckon RandomGuy knows our new media boy.

Tell him we want interviews. Or else.

Have no idea who he is, I just get the impression that a frustration with the Kilmarnock game and lack of CM is being funnelled towards someone who's literally just started a job. A job everyone acknowledged was going to be a nightmare. 

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Explain in great detail the ideas that have been turned down and when these were turned down please.

I've no idea, it seems a pretty common thought process amongst fans that "dictator Broon" needs to okay everything, and is a proper c**t to deal with. 

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have no idea who he is, I just get the impression that a frustration with the Kilmarnock game and lack of CM is being funnelled towards someone who's literally just started a job. A job everyone acknowledged was going to be a nightmare. 

I've no idea, it seems a pretty common thought process amongst fans that "dictator Broon" needs to okay everything, and is a proper c**t to deal with. 

You think folk are taking out frustration of a result a week ago on the new lad?  Can't be anything to do with him claiming to be a fan then fucking up very, very basic facts in one of his first pieces. Then the output from the club, which was shocking over the summer, has changed  minimally since our PR guru has been employed. I'm certainly not impressed because I expect better, we've definitely had better previously and other clubs do it miles better.

Sure Stevie Broon is a dictator but if you're already a fan you'd know this. Also when being offered the job he surely outlines his ambitions to bring Saints at least on a par with and ideally better than our competitors? How he would like to do this and how much free reign he needs to achieve it. If he hasn't then that tells you all you need to know about our new PR guy.

Edit to add; Gary we know you read this, join up if you haven't already and explain your plans please, you know it makes sense.

Edited by tree house tam
Adding that last bit

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You think folk are taking out frustration of a result a week ago on the new lad?  Can't be anything to do with him claiming to be a fan then fucking up very, very basic facts in one of his first pieces. Then the output from the club, which was shocking over the summer, has changed  minimally since our PR guru has been employed. I'm certainly not impressed because I expect better, we've definitely had better previously and other clubs do it miles better.

Sure Stevie Broon is a dictator but if you're already a fan you'd know this. Also when being offered the job he surely outlines his ambitions to bring Saints at least on a par with and ideally better than our competitors? How he would like to do this and how much free reign he needs to achieve it. If he hasn't then that tells you all you need to know about our new PR guy.

Edit to add; Gary we know you read this, join up if you haven't already and explain your plans please, you know it makes sense.

I'm still loathe to criticise him heavily this early, feels like the type of job it takes months upon months to get exactly where you want it. Entirely an opinion though, probably wrong.