Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Much prefer to see this type of signing than a loan or journeyman.

He's young, had huge potential when breaking through, 2 year deal and is a quick attacking player.

Add that to Wright, Watt and moving Spoony central as well as the huge reduction in age of the squad its clear the manager wants to see a change of style this year. 

Edited by Broon_100

My only, possibly unfounded, issue here is that he doesn't appear to be an out-and-out left winger and you worry that if you ask fans of former clubs they will say he's better on the right or something.

Played a good number of games at a decent level and is obviously another younger player so pretty pleased with this one.

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser 

Wotherspoon Davidson 

Wright Scougall Kennedy

Watt

With a centre mid (hopefully) still to come. 

Oooft. Take my money St Johnstone :wub: 

Clark
Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser 
Wotherspoon Davidson 
Wright Scougall Kennedy
Watt
With a centre mid (hopefully) still to come. 

Oooft. Take my money St Johnstone :wub: 

Average age of that XI can’t be much more than 25/26?

But we only sign old boys?

The positive thing about all three signings so far is that, you imagine, if the manager had list of targets, they'd be near the top. With some arrivals, that's not always been the case.

The way our transfer strategy needed to move from a few years ago was to bring more young players through to negate the need for the likes of Michael Hart, Plamen Krachunov and Michael Doyle, and to maintain the squad in a state where the focus could be on a few quality recruits.

Obviously you don't know how these guys will turn out but you can't argue with it too much on paper.

1 minute ago, Radford said:

The way our transfer strategy needed to move from a few years ago was to bring more young players through to negate the need for the likes of Michael Hart, Plamen Krachunov and Michael Doyle, and to maintain the squad in a state where the focus could be on a few quality recruits.

I think we've been able to do that by the standard of youngsters that have come through, all credit to the club.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair fucks to the club this Summer, not sure anyone can have any real complaints 

This is becoming a bit of a catchphrase but I agree with RandomGuy. Really happy with the 3 signings we’ve made and with bringing in a media person too. Braw. 

46 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Average age of that XI can’t be much more than 25/26?

But we only sign old boys?

Average age of that team is exactly 25.5

Good piece of business for St. Johnstone.  Kennedy has been one of those Scottish prospects you have been waiting on for a while to make that step up but it has never really materialized yet, sort of like Tony Watt interestingly.  Hopefully for St. Johnstone fans Tommy Wright can get those two playing well