Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, Old Pack said:

If your a proper Saints fan you would know Henry Hall scored the only goal against Rosenborg and it was the Hunters Minks we were playing.

5 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Once upon a time there was a cricket team blah blah

Hiya Gary, Hiya pal.

Tony Watt red carded in a friendly against Bristol Rovers for fighting with Richard Foster.

Are we being serious, cause if we are thats hilarious. Surely Foster has to be punted now. [emoji23][emoji23]

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

After asking on here, and looking at the rules, it looks like a red card in a friendly for violent conduct leads to a two match ban in the first teams next two games, regardless of competition. 

So by reckoning Watt will miss Saturday and Falkirk on Tuesday. 

Could well be wrong though. 

Its going to depend if the referee submits a match report as such. If he doesn't or its being treated as training ground match then it'll be be like the match didnt happen.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, tbh, Fosters got some proper issues. Literally every game he goes fucking mental at somebody, usually the winger in front of him or the youngest player near him. 

He almost done it to Davidson on Saturday but shat out it when Muzz turned and stared at him :lol: just speculation but there's never been a vibe he's particularly popular with his team mates. 

The obvious one was the Swanson issue but there's been countless times hes had verbal outbursts towards the East Stand. 

Then the incident where he lost his temper at Jason Kerr. He picked up a booking for booting the ball out the ground. Was embarrassing for him. He genuinely needs help!!!

On the pitch overall I'd say his performances have been fine but I simply can't take to him because he seems admittedly from the outside looking in a total fucking dickhead. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

27 minutes ago, Caballero said:

Steven MacLean plays and scores on a plastic pitch emoji3.png

Yup. It was on Doctors orders he was told not to play on it, his knees can't cope with the harshness, and it was always suggesting he was risking some pretty serious problems with them by playing on it. 

Tommy Wright cared enough about his career, and life afterwards, to tell him he wasn't playing on it regardless of how much he pleaded, obviously Levein doesn't feel the same way. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yup. It was on Doctors orders he was told not to play on it, his knees can't cope with the harshness, and it was always suggesting he was risking some pretty serious problems with them by playing on it. 

Tommy Wright cared enough about his career, and life afterwards, to tell him he wasn't playing on it regardless of how much he pleaded, obviously Levein doesn't feel the same way. 

Or a rather lucrative offer from a artificial turf company to play and prove there is no danger on these type of pitches! It seemingly was the way in the USA to have players become ambassadors of these companies and what better way to prove a point, Only saying like!     

I see the new home kit is available from today.  The official site has a wee page about it, but would have been useful if they'd put the actual link of where online you can buy it from.  I'm not sure if Saints make more money per strip for the ones sold at McDiarmid and Campus Sports rather than through blk website, or whether it's a set cut per top.

Shorts and socks not available yet, so any hopes of going to Montrose as a full kit w****r are sadly gone.

Its a howler, but I think that makes it a collector's item. I am sorely tempted to buy it then hide it away until a European campaign 20 years from now when I'll  wear it so everyone will go "ooh ya fucker, remember that fucking thing".

5b50823bdedb0_ScreenShot2018-07-13at10_59_34PM.png.d42743e1ec13c2d3ff2cb21fac496696.png

David McMillans radar, for those who care about such things. From the Modern Fitba website. 

Looks like he might end up more of a creator than a scorer, and his partnership with Kane/Watt might prove beneficial for them.