Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

He has his two targets and willing to wait for them.... One being willock

Fair enough, just seemed contradictory for him to say we can't make signings, before saying we'll be making signings. 

Unless he's just trying to be nice towards the trialists, of course. 

Happy to wait if it gets us more quality, be interesting to see who he views as a better option than Driver for the left side. 

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

I can't think of too many uncertainties in terms of money coming in, other than maybe Celtic making the Champions League and the resultant solidarity payment? Clearly it isn't going to be a cashflow issue.

You can probably overthink it all but the fact he's clearly stated there will be signings suggests he maybe just didn't fancy the guys on trial, or he's wanting to hold off to hear about other targets. As I say you can overthink it though.

Thought Driver would have been a decent one to get.

My over thinking has brought me to the conclusion that I've just misread his words, and the "not in a position" chat is simply him saying they can't afford to sign second choice targets as it would rule out any chance of first choice targets. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My over thinking has brought me to the conclusion that I've just misread his words, and the "not in a position" chat is simply him saying they can't afford to sign second choice targets as it would rule out any chance of first choice targets. 

Well done Random, bit of running around in circles, but you got there in the end.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Well done Random, bit of running around in circles, but you got there in the end.

:lol: ever seen a dog chasing its tail? 

That's me every time TW talks about budgets

Broon putting the foot down and not signing shite is EXACTLY the way it's going, if these targets come in TW has had everything he asked for and should not moan about anything. 

He will though, about Easton being injured and about playing youngsters etc etc the moaning big hussy that he is.

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

I can't think of too many uncertainties in terms of money coming in, other than maybe Celtic making the Champions League and the resultant solidarity payment? Clearly it isn't going to be a cashflow issue.

You can probably overthink it all but the fact he's clearly stated there will be signings suggests he maybe just didn't fancy the guys on trial, or he's wanting to hold off to hear about other targets. As I say you can overthink it though.

Thought Driver would have been a decent one to get.

Only other things I could think of in terms of uncertainties is if there's an offer on the table for Willock, waiting before committing to anything else and also having to wait till a few go out on loan to free up some wages before making another signing. 

All guessing of course. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Only other things I could think of in terms of uncertainties is if there's an offer on the table for Willock, waiting before committing to anything else and also having to wait till a few go out on loan to free up some wages before making another signing. 

All guessing of course. 

Does players going out on loan actually free up much in the way of wages?  Generally they're going to be younger players who are probably not on too much, going to a lower league, possibly part-time team, so I'm not sure how much of a saving that really is.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

All guessing of course. 

TWs quoted in the Courier saying one of the midfielders will be going out on loan, probably either McCann or McLean. Not clear if that'll affect our business though. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: ever seen a dog chasing its tail? 

That's me every time TW talks about budgets

Random you are probably the most ITK person on here  in that TW always talks pish about no transfer deals being done then produces a player in the next few days.

Someone on the way in then?     

I conducted an interview with Jason Kerr this week ahead kd today's game against his former team East Fife. 

I think Jason will really kick on again this term. I've seen him develop over the last three seasons and I think he is a fantastic prospect. Well over 100 appearances and still only 21! 

All the Best to Jason and yourselves this campaign. :thumsup2

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Was that Foster shouting at Randomguy at the half time whistle? :1eye

No, he was shouting at the morons who think booing the team 45 minutes into the season is going to achieve anything. Saints fans never fail to find ways to surprise you. 

We desperately need a CM who can actually pass the ball. I'd say it's more of a concern than a left winger. It's embarrassing watching Murray Davidson stumble forward with the ball, even worse watching Liam Craig trying to be a playmaker. His range of passing is two yards sideways or overhit. Less said about Wotherspoon the better. 

We've only played in the sections once before and the performances varied a fair bit. I'm not sure today told us anything we didn't already know or suspect. We can struggle to break teams down at home. Hopefully it's remedied by the time the window closes. I agree the personnel in central midfield raises concern.

You get games with no positives but at this stage of the season and in a section where you have four games, you can find them easily enough.

For me it was the two young centre backs, especially Gordon. Good defenders, which is the most important thing, but they allow us to start play from the back.

I saw Watt on Tuesday and today was a continuation, he has that unpredictability that can be an asset. Wright started well and should be something different to what we have. Hope there will be end product.

Edited by Radford