Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Just confirms what I've said for ages...it's not the supplier, it's who at McDiarmid decides the strips are acceptable.

Tbf they probably couldn't win regardless. There's folk on Twitter crying about not getting a photo of the shorts, despite the shorts being in the photos. 

Our fanbase is odd. 

Just now, locheedee said:

The front isn't but the back looks fking awful

The main blue is a different colour in the front photos and back photos, so I'd suggest the photos have been edited to define the design. I'm not convinced it'll be that visible in the flesh. 

There is something so very St Johnstone about that kit. It's as  if they've listened to the fans asking for a royal blue top with the correct gold badge on.

"There they go, they'll be happy now....  No wait, they'd probably also like light blue bits on it.. And some tartan. We haven't had tartan for years. And what about a nice silhouette of Kinnoull Hill tower? And St Johns kirk? And a club badge on the back?  And more sponsors logos.  Fucking hell we're spoiling them this year."

The back of that top is like a cycling shirt or something there's so much going on. I think they've taken all the possible wee features for the next three strips and thrown them into one.

I think there's so much happening there that people will be commenting steadily over the next week as they take it all in.

It really is as wildly a piece of nonsense as I hoped it would be. I never buy or wear football strips, but I am sorely tempted to buy this;  in a decade's time this will be seen as a collectors item.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The main blue is a different colour in the front photos and back photos, so I'd suggest the photos have been edited to define the design. I'm not convinced it'll be that visible in the flesh. 

I did notice the 'royal' blue bits seem different in every photo I've seen so it's either been badly lit or someone has got a bit carried away with photoshop...

Don't actually mind the skyline stuff but the rest of the back getting split into different colours/bits of material ruins any good bits for me - as Tam says, solid royal blue with the tartan panels (and even the skyline) would have been your best strip in years.

Just now, locheedee said:

I did notice the 'royal' blue bits seem different in every photo I've seen so it's either been badly lit or someone has got a bit carried away with photoshop...

Don't actually mind the skyline stuff but the rest of the back getting split into different colours/bits of material ruins any good bits for me - as Tam says, solid royal blue with the tartan panels (and even the skyline) would have been your best strip in years.

Yup. Although it wouldn't be a shock if the front and back were actually different shades of blue :lol: