Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

20 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Aye probably is, i was more meaning someone of that standard. 

Does anyone know if Driver is going to train with Blackpool tomorrow or Friday yet?

St Johnstone are unable to come up with the finances for the driver deal leaving Tommy Wright very angry with the chairman. Same with goalkeeper that was on trial. 

It was reported here in Manc that Willock was on the point of signing on loan for someone about a week or two ago. That must have fallen through as it's unlike a journo to talk nonsense.

1 minute ago, Mysticmike1234 said:

Steve Brown is unable unwilling to come up with the finances for the driver deal leaving Tommy Wright very angry with the chairman. Same with goalkeeper that was on trial. 

Stunned really.

3 minutes ago, Mysticmike1234 said:

St Johnstone are unable to come up with the finances for the driver deal leaving Tommy Wright very angry with the chairman. Same with goalkeeper that was on trial. 

The goalkeeper situation isn't pressing imo. Left wing is, very surprised at this by the chairman. Suppose you wanted a fair packet Andy?

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

It was reported here in Manc that Willock was on the point of signing on loan for someone about a week or two ago. That must have fallen through as it's unlike a journo to talk nonsense.

These agent-led sites like HITC have mentioned him a few times this summer, most notably in relation to Blackpool. I'm not sure how much will be in it.

That'll be him signing today then...

I can't believe Saints didn't know the demands of Driver and especially Lyness before they came in but the whole Brown/Wright finances thing is just getting dull now. It's every bloody window.

Driver would fill two positions the manager is looking to strengthen, I thought that would have appealed to everyone.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

I can't believe Saints didn't know the demands of Driver and especially Lyness before they came in but the whole Brown/Wright finances thing is just getting dull now. It's every bloody window.but 

Driver would fill two positions the manager is looking to strengthen, I thought that would have appealed to everyone.

Exactly my thoughts when this situation arises. Both sides must surely know the figures before any trial is agreed. Ok, one could then try to mug the other off but it becomes a different story.

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

These agent-led sites like HITC have mentioned him a few times this summer, most notably in relation to Blackpool. I'm not sure how much will be in it.

That'll be him signing today then...

I can't believe Saints didn't know the demands of Driver and especially Lyness before they came in but the whole Brown/Wright finances thing is just getting dull now. It's every bloody window.

Agreed. Only other thing that makes sense is the chairman has spunked the remaining budget on Watt (who plays in a position we weren't desperate for players in) and we now can't afford Driver. 

If we're not getting Driver as now seems to be the case,  then I think we can expect a blast from Wright in the press tomorrow.

54 minutes ago, Mysticmike1234 said:

Why is everyone treating this as gospel?

Every time someone posts "Brown is being tight" everyone believes it as fact without question and from what perthsaint1977 is saying above Brown isn't being tight and there is money spare. 

IF Driver doesn't sign, who says it isn't because his wage demands were OTT? Logic would suggest making him a high earner with his injury past would be a bit daft? Maybe there's another player coming in and Brown has said, there's money for that player but not for Driver as well? 

As I'm not ITK at all, of course I've no idea if it is true or not, all i'm saying is there's always 2 sides to every story.  I do hope its not true though as I'd quite like him to sign.

I'm a excited about the season starting too, I miss the fitbaw!!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

18 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Deary me. This joker was ripping me yesterday.... There will be more signings. Trust me

I don't think he was ripping you - just gave a different perspective. I think it's quite clear this guy knows Driver and is probably just telling us whatever Driver is telling him,