Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Worth the risk. Thought there might have been an option for a 2nd year depending on games played/not being a total dick but looks like there isn't. If Tommy's happy with him, I'm happy with him. 

I genuinely wish Tony Watt well as there is a lot of talent somewhere there, it just depends on how serious he is going to be about being a professional footballer (as opposed to an online film critic).  If he takes the job seriously he will do well for you, if he doesn't then he will be out.  There was always some questions about his maturity and now that he's in his mid 20's he might start to grow up, or he might not and his career will flame out

Edited by senorsoupe

Right thats it, I'm booking holidays for this time next year. How many rounds do you think we'll get through? Do you think we'll ever drop out the European top 300? Where's the Europa final being held that year? So many fucking questions. Canny fucking wait for oor Tony wearing the tartan strip, canny fucking wait.

He’s spent the last week playing and live streaming FIFA and Fortnight. [emoji23][emoji23] This could be hilarious or disastrous. One way or another it’s not going to be dull!

Sneaky feeling this time next year we'll be bemoaning the facts it's only a year long deal. Football seems pretty repetitive, so the take unknown black player on trial, fans get excited, sign high profile player days later out of nowhere, route we took last year will hopefully work this year too. 

Maverick players seem to thrive under TW aswell. 

Was this a ruse?
Was surprised there was no sign of Lyness on Sunday but could be that they just didn't have clearance, although that would seem strange when he's been here for a fortnight. At one stage I was of the opinion you just go with Hurst as cover for Clark but that maybe puts the latter in too comfortable a zone. Marc McCallum I think would be a decent signing.

I’m still lead to believe there’s still a deal on the table for Marc. I’ve not seen him in a few weeks now so it could have changed since. He basically needs to be playing regular football at his age and I’m not sure he’ll get it unless he some how ousts Zander Clark.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sneaky feeling this time next year we'll be bemoaning the facts it's only a year long deal. Football seems pretty repetitive, so the take unknown black player on trial, fans get excited, sign high profile player days later out of nowhere, route we took last year will hopefully work this year too. 

Maverick players seem to thrive under TW aswell. 

You never know - it could be a year with an option for another year or something. We’ll probably find out more when the article goes up later. 

Edited by Kyle

Nope - just a one year deal judging by the website. I suppose it mitigates a bit of the risk signing him, but I can see him doing alright and signing for hibs next summer 

34 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You never know - it could be a year with an option for another year or something. We’ll probably find out more when the article goes up later. 

He'd probably be off regardless tbh. Suspect this will be our one and only season of him, let's hope its a good one. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd probably be off regardless tbh. Suspect this will be our one and only season of him, let's hope its a good one. 

Interview in December:"I've loved it here. The dressing room, the manager and the fans have been fantastic. I'm so pleased to be playing well and scoring regularly. You can never tell in football but if the club offer me a deal I'd be really happy to stay."

January: Signs a pre-contract with Burton Albion.

36 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Interview in December:"I've loved it here. The dressing room, the manager and the fans have been fantastic. I'm so pleased to be playing well and scoring regularly. You can never tell in football but if the club offer me a deal I'd be really happy to stay."

January: Signs a pre-contract with Hibs

Sounds familiar. 

46 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

January: Signs a pre-contract with Burton Albion.

Nah, Watts more likely to be honest due to being a bit dim.

"I'm leaving in six months as I've proven myself at a lower level again, can't wait to start heading towards the top again" sounds more likely. 

8 hours ago, C. Muir said:

He was actually ok in his sport spell at Blackburn both playing and attitude wise. Had planned to sign him permanently at end of loan but then him getting injured coupled with Paul Lambert (manager at the time) leaving meant he went back to Charlton. 

Was he best as part of a two at Blackburn? And was he one of these strikers who like to float about between lines? 

A few of his goals at Charlton seem to be from drifting into wide positions and driving at the gap between full backs and centre halves, which isn't something I remember him doing at Hearts. 

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - Mark Hurst

Right Backs

Ricky Foster - Aaron Comrie - Joe Shaughnessy 

Centre backs 

Joe Shaughnessy - Steven Anderson - Jason Kerr - Liam Gordon 

Left Backs

Scott Tanser - Brian Easton - Andrew Driver

Central Midfielders

Murray Davidson - David Wotherspoon - Liam Craig - Ali McCann - Kyle McLean - Blair Alston

Attacking midfielders/Wingers

Stefan Scougall - Blair Alston - Drey Wright - Andrew Driver - David Wotherspoon - Liam Craig -Greg Hurst

Strikers

David McMillan - Chris Kane - Tony Watt - Calum Hendry - Greg Hurst 

If we sign Drivers, obvs. I think that still leaves us needing a goalkeeper and central midfielder. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

I’d agree with you randomguy. Driver signing negates the need for a left back even if the Easton injury is bad again. 

I hope we sign a left winger and a midfielder with decent pedigree as I feel they were (are) more pressing than signing another potential first choice striker.