Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is it just me or are some of out support taking this really to far? 

Folk need to reserve judgement on the signings till they've actually played as lets face it we dont know if they're good or not!

Any c**t that dresses his 6 month old kid in a shirt, jersey and tartan troos can't be taken seriously.

13 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is it just me or are some of out support taking this really to far? 

Folk need to reserve judgement on the signings till they've actually played as lets face it we dont know if they're good or not!

This'll be mocked since it's me, but for the past six lengths our support base seems to have a group who've decided anything the club does is the worst thing that's ever happened. 

The reaction to Paton leaving is absolutely mental. He was on a decent wedge and was dropping to fourth choice. He's probably been told he won't be a regular and has been offered that elsewhere, so we've got him off the wage bill and he's getting games elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This'll be mocked since it's me, but for the past six lengths our support base seems to have a group who've decided anything the club does is the worst thing that's ever happened. 

The reaction to Paton leaving is absolutely mental. He was on a decent wedge and was dropping to fourth choice. He's probably been told he won't be a regular and has been offered that elsewhere, so we've got him off the wage bill and he's getting games elsewhere. 

Or as Paul hinted too last night, he's fucked up behind the scenes.

I am bemused at the reaction by a lot of our support at the release of Paton.

Ultimately we have got rid of a very very very (and that is being polite)  limited player who is probably on a fair wedge.

I don't even buy the committed part, many times he has just given up chasing down or tracking.  By and large he has been utter torture to watch.

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Or as Paul hinted too last night, he's fucked up behind the scenes.

I don't like speculating on such things Tam. 

The big one is Anthony Stokes and I’ll be honest, for 6 months, I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Anyone who says they wouldn't have him at saints on some principled bullshit needs to take a look at themselves. So most of our fan base I'd reckon.

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

The big one is Anthony Stokes and I’ll be honest, for 6 months, I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Ooft. I'd forgotten he'd been released. Would be very Saints like to take him on for the rest of the season TBH.

More to do with his attitude to be honest. He constantly turned up late for training, ignored curfews etc. He doesn't give a f**k just now and would be disruptive in the dressing room.

A talented player but he hasn't done that much for Hibs in the first half of the season. The game at McDiarmid he shot everytime he had the ball even from ridiculous positions when teammates were better placed, just seemed to think everything was about him rather than contribute to the team effort.