Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 hours ago, Kyle said:

It was Ciftci. I used to be ITK as f**k and it came from that source. Whether he turned us down, we couldn't agree a deal with Celtic or if it was totally made up I'm not sure. 

Thanks for the name. I don't get the state secret treatment of it though. I'd have understood it if it was a hush hush tip off we'd had about someone there'd be a queue for if it was known he was available but Cifti was a relatively easy guess and most of the football world knew he was up for grabs. 

31 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Thanks for the name. I don't get the state secret treatment of it though. I'd have understood it if it was a hush hush tip off we'd had about someone there'd be a queue for if it was known he was available but Cifti was a relatively easy guess and most of the football world knew he was up for grabs. 

Because I was asked to not to name him and I didn't want to break confidence. Constantly insulting posters who have info isn't likely to endear them to post it either. 

Because I was asked to not to name him and I didn't want to break confidence. Constantly insulting posters who have info isn't likely to endear them to post it either. 

Shutup with the moaning you c**t

48 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Not you as individual. The club presumably didn't want it leaked under any circumstances and fair enough for respecting that. I just don't get what made it more special than any other move we've been involved in that's all. 

I'm verging on the idea it would be a winger we'd be going for, if it was anyone. Probably more chance of a CM, but Wotherspoon looks twice the player central, and Scougall is being wasted out wide. Leaves us with MOH, Alston and Thomson.

I'm verging on the idea it would be a winger we'd be going for, if it was anyone. Probably more chance of a CM, but Wotherspoon looks twice the player central, and Scougall is being wasted out wide. Leaves us with MOH, Alston and Thomson.

A poacher who can stick the ball in the net , in the Brogan, Wright, O Boyle mould is what we need.

13 hours ago, Old Pack said:

A poacher who can stick the ball in the net , in the Brogan, Wright, O Boyle mould is what we need.

If you could get a player similar to any of the 3 you named, the saints maybe even exceed the hopes of their most fervent fans.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has TW said that? If he has that means we've got someone lined up

:lol:

Na when I asked when the next jewel was arriving, the exact words were "don't expect anyone else to come in, it's not happening", wasn't Tommy but another very prominent person at the club.

I'm still hopeful he was pulling my pisser and the only true Jewel arrives in a fanfare in the next couple of days, forever the optimist.

Is everyone hyped up for all the deadline day drama we've got in store tomorrow? I expect we'll sign at least 3 with a last minute dash for the final signings' paperwork to go through. :rolleyes: