Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I had a dream last night that both Tade and Coulibaly were in saints tops and we're signing. I do love dreaming of black men at night that's for sure! [emoji850]

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I'm dumbfounded at how badly the Manchester United fans are taking that tweet from last night :lol:

Talk of a black player training with us on WAP. I'm obviously hoping it's going to be Romain Habran :wub:, but may tie in with Dindeleux's previous assertions about Coulibaly. 

Is it not just one of the under 20s?

The full away strip from that distance looks decent.

Pretty sure the first team one is taken in the same place, but for as long as I can remember Saints have taken their team group photos in front of the East Stand with a background of yellow and red seats, I like this new look, we're really moving on as a club. :)

I'd love us to sign Coulibaly if it's true, a really exciting young player, but would be worried about the registration details with all the issues at his most recent club. I'm sure we'd investigate it thoroughly before committing to anything..

Imagine we sign him in time for Celtic Park, he scores his customary 80 yard thunderbolt to win it for us, before Celtic appeal he's not our player and get the points.

Fucking conspiracy. I'm angry about it already.

Spoiler

Can any Old Firm fans confirm this is how it's done, I'm not too sure..

Just now, The Saintee said:

Seemingly one of the under 17s is black.

Unless you know more?

Eh?

Ya c*nt!

I have no idea. Seems a bit strange he was with the first team if he's an U17, but suppose that could explain it.

I'm just as desperate for news as you are to be honest. :lol: 

Bit of a one for the stattos here - where is Steven MacLean in the our list of top flight scorers? With him getting 50th goal at the weekend looked at the other all time top scorers - most of whom scored most their goals at a lower level (Brogan, Rodger, O'Boyle etc). The only ones I could definitely place above him were Hall, Connolly, Pearson and Wright.

ETA - Liam Craig must be pushing for top ten too.

Bit of a one for the stattos here - where is Steven MacLean in the our list of top flight scorers? With him getting 50th goal at the weekend looked at the other all time top scorers - most of whom scored most their goals at a lower level (Brogan, Rodger, O'Boyle etc). The only ones I could definitely place above him were Hall, Connolly, Pearson and Wright.

ETA - Liam Craig must be pushing for top ten too.

Brian Doyles twitter is the place to go. @briandoyle77. I think MacLean and Wright are both on 39 judging by his tweets, while Craig is apparently on 38.

He says Wright and MacLean are now tied at the top. Must be just in the modern era though, as I thought Hall scored over 100 for us and most were in the top flight?

MacLean and Wright are top scorers in the top division.

Since the revamp? We were in the top flight for the majority of Halls time here, if not the whole time.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Is it worth spending an extra £3 for the non-restricted view at Celtic Park? I can't remember what I usually do.

Last time we were there it was all the one ticket. Its the same turnstyle section and the same flight of stairs. Don't hold me to it but I'm not paying the extra for the restricted view as every other time I've been able to sit anywhere anyway.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Brian Doyles twitter is the place to go. @briandoyle77. I think MacLean and Wright are both on 39 judging by his tweets, while Craig is apparently on 38.

He says Wright and MacLean are now tied at the top. Must be just in the modern era though, as I thought Hall scored over 100 for us and most were in the top flight?

Yes I read it the other day that Maclean had equalled Paul Wright's record for league goals in the top flight. I presumed this would be since reconstruction in the mid 70's as well.

Two brilliant players for St Johnstone tied at the top, Paul Wright was a class striker. And I'm delighted for Steven Maclean, an absolute club legend. I hope he gets all the plaudits he deserves. He's achieved this despite a couple of serious injuries, and has had to get used to hearing half of our support on the internet go on about how he's past it any time he has had a bad game over the past 3 years or so. Yet he has bounced back every time. He will be a nightmare to replace, both in the dressing room and on the park, when he eventually does call it a day. Hopefully not for a few seasons yet..