Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yes, but permanent I mean.
Watching sportscene last night and how they thought he might leave Aberdeen, and the fact that we've been after a striker who is 'the next level' from what we are used to....  I'm  adding 2+2 and getting 5 to be honest.

ETA: I accept he's probably way out of our price bracket, but he's definitely a Tommy Wright style of player.

You'd imagine they'd want near £250k surely?

I feel like I'm the only Saints fan who isn't expecting us to be spending serious money. Everyone seems to be suggesting the likes of Rooney and Ciftci on permanent deals.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I feel like I'm the only Saints fan who isn't expecting us to be spending serious money. Everyone seems to be suggesting the likes of Rooney and Ciftci on permanent deals.

I don't know what to expect!  Normally no chance, but the talk on here has suggested an improvement on what we have and are currently used to signing. I'm just trying to think of strikers who might be available and fit that description.

Would he really cost as much as that?  Would teams down south pay for him when it didn't really work out last time? I genuinely don't know the answers.

Apparently he just signed a new 4 year deal a year ago, so you're possibly right that a fee would be involved.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did May not just cost Aberdeen in the region of 250-300k? You'd think if we were in that market we'd have been in for him, too, although I accept the wages may be a different story. Just can't see us paying that much for anyone.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The level of spending depends how much the chairman wants to keep Wright at the club I guess. Something has prompted this, and it must be something serious because wee stevie hates opening the wallet even more than his dad did.

To see TW go from long term budget frustrations and gameplaying in the press to all of a sudden having the confidence to make jewels comments and then see spending on this level, it suggests to me that he has a gun to Brown's head somehow. Yes money can be freed up by restructuring, but a 'push the boat out' signing in Scougall, another marquee signing in MOH, and a possible third on the way represents one hell of a financial commitment.

49 minutes ago, Stelling said:

The level of spending depends how much the chairman wants to keep Wright at the club I guess. Something has prompted this, and it must be something serious because wee stevie hates opening the wallet even more than his dad did.

To see TW go from long term budget frustrations and gameplaying in the press to all of a sudden having the confidence to make jewels comments and then see spending on this level, it suggests to me that he has a gun to Brown's head somehow. Yes money can be freed up by restructuring, but a 'push the boat out' signing in Scougall, another marquee signing in MOH, and a possible third on the way represents one hell of a financial commitment.

I honestly don't think our wage bill right now will be as much as it was this time last season, or at worst will be about the same.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I honestly don't think our wage bill right now will be as much as it was this time last season, or at worst will be about the same.

Who knows? Reasonable bet though that our turnover has dropped: we certainly won't have money splashing around.

Edited by Mr Heliums

6ff45b80dc44db0d8a108dd90b15c53a.jpg

#Scenes.

The United fan who call us "irrelevant nobodies" silenced by the photo of Ferguson was beautiful too. They seem to be taking the tweet really badly, and I've no idea why

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

6ff45b80dc44db0d8a108dd90b15c53a.jpg

#Scenes.

The United fan who call us "irrelevant nobodies" silenced by the photo of Ferguson was beautiful too. They seem to be taking the tweet really badly, and I've no idea why

You better watch your back, some keyboard gangster will be threatning to travel over from asia to Johnstone to batter you.

You better watch your back, some keyboard gangster will be threatning to travel over from asia to Johnstone to batter you.

Two folk from Nigeria started "bantering" as ones a United fan and ones a Chelsea fan. Bizarre stuff.

We have been there before when some idiots barked at Ki Sung Yeung and he thought it was monkey chants and the club website was bombarded by South Koreans trying to bring it down.

www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jan/28/ki-sung-yeung-monkey-face

I'm dumbfounded at how badly the Manchester United fans are taking that tweet from last night :lol:

Talk of a black player training with us on WAP. I'm obviously hoping it's going to be Romain Habran :wub:, but may tie in with Dindeleux's previous assertions about Coulibaly. 

Edited by Kyle