Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Don't need to prove a thing tam . Enjoy the ride. Have a little faith in TW. Think he and brown deserves it.

My view for what it is worth is:

We have lost out on a backup in Storey.

We have not had to consider a backup to the backup in Sammon.

So did Storey choose Plastic over us or did we not make a firm offer as we still have our jewel who has agreed to sign for us.

Cannot see TW allowing Kane to go without having someone in place.

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I notice Jake Thomas is at McDiarmid tonight. I'm assuming he is one of the strikers you are looking at.

Do not assume as it makes an ass out of u and me.

His goal scoring to game ratio is more United standard than Saints.

Cannot see us putting Kane out on loan and bringing in this guy.

I have no idea who TW has up his sleeve. As far as I am aware TW met with sammon but that was it. No deal was ever made. Regarding storey, again I think it was paper talk and TW never spoke with the player. Same with Graham. Never met or spoke to the player. TW said a few weeks ago that he had a few options for up top, one on loan, one expensive and a couple not as expensive. To me nothing has changed and all he is doing is getting Kane much needed game time. He was out injured for about 3 months and hasn't really played much. He has delivered on scougall and MoH, and I would expect him to deliver a striker to take kanes place while he is out on loan.

I would expect him to deliver a striker to take kanes place while he is out on loan.

Be a bit disappointing if you mean this as straight forward as it sounds. Hopefully we're signing a first choice striker, rather than a Kane replacement

Expect an announcement very soon, boys. Looks like the deal has finally been secured. As an ITK supporter, I can confirm that Saints signed someone..

on this day in 1987.

#classicwindup

Edited by The Real Saints

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 11:56, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Hahaha how long ago did you make that? That shitey Microsoft paint pic with Dobbie wearing a crown looks like one of my artistic efforts.

It was 2006, so I'd just turned 14. To be brutally honest, I don't think I'd be capable of making a better video at my current age.

Edited by The Real Saints

I cannot get over how many of our fans are having a mental breakdown because we've not signed a striker INSTANTLY. 

Its beyond belief how OTT so many are being. It just shows the nativity in football fans. Starting to wonder how some of our support function in the workplace!

All started by allowing a fringe striker with a goal record of something like 1 in 8 to go out on loan. Deary me. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

38 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Its beyond belief how OTT so many are being. It just shows the nativity in football fans. Starting to wonder how some of our support function in the workplace!

And to think, when MOH signed they thought all their Christmases had come at once.

6 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

All started by allowing a fringe striker with a goal record of something like 1 in 8 to go out on loan. Deary me. 

His record is much better than that, which is what piles the pressure on TW to recruit a suitable replacement. When he brought Adam Morgan in so he could loan Kane out in 2014, it wasn't a disaster that it didn't work out as Kane most likely wasn't ready for our first team. This time he's loaned out a first team striker so can't afford to sign a flop.

On his record over the past couple of seasons:

• 2015/16: 33 apps - 12 starts - 1,305 mins - 5 goals - 261 mins/goal - 1 goal in 2.9 matches
  • 2016/17: 32 apps - 16 starts - 1,512 mins - 6 goals - 252 mins/goal - 1 goal in 2.8 matches

A goal every 256 mins (less than 3 games) is very different to 11 goals in 65 games.

I think it's questionable how much this loan with help Kane's development (although agree he needs to be playing more) so unless Wright brings in a striker who has a better scoring rate than Kane, then will it have been worthwhile? A striker that matches Kane's scoring rate will get double figures this season.