Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, realmadrid said:

Did the club ever link themselves to any of these players?

No, but it's not like they're blind to the links and have probably at the very least enquired about them. "More to follow" suggests that the pieces are already in place but also stokes the speculation engine. So far it's gone from an interesting teaser to frustration due to a lack of promised info. Although if we do end up signing a 3rd "jewel" I won't really give a stuff.

I'm still here... no news, no signings this week that I am aware off.

What's the inside story of letting Kane go then? Could that not have waited until (if and when) we actually have an interim replacement?

Apologies that I'm directing this your way [emoji2]

30 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I've noticed since the new website went live the format is to post a short version on the site, link it to social media then update the post later. In this case there was no further update.

When the signing is confirmed all the bed wetting on the banter page etc is going to look very silly.

Woah...hold on here a minute...Real...get back here...right now. You know something. Spill or I'll start red dotting your excellent pics.

So is Cifti the far better option player that was rumoured to be the main signing target, and Storey has been missed out because your still chasing your top target?

We're not signing Ciftci. He was never an option.

I bet chairmen and managers hate social media/ forums etc. In years gone by we'd have checked tuesdays PA and if there was nothing then wait til Friday.  For those with plenty time on their hands you could always sit through ceefax scrolling through 32 pages of sport, then when you finally see the wee paragraph about Saints, it's at the bottom of the page and you don't have time to read it all before it moves back round to page one...

Lets be patient; we've signed Scougall and O'Halloran, as many wanted. The final diamond geezer might be just around the corner...

I bet chairmen and managers hate social media/ forums etc. In years gone by we'd have checked tuesdays PA and if there was nothing then wait til Friday.  For those with plenty time on their hands you could always sit through ceefax scrolling through 32 pages of sport, then when you finally see the wee paragraph about Saints, it's at the bottom of the page and you don't have time to read it all before it moves back round to page one...
Lets be patient; we've signed Scougall and O'Halloran, as many wanted. The final diamond geezer might be just around the corner...

It's embarrassing, I'm not posting any more screenshots of the Banter page as I'd rather other supports didn't see the utter melts who support us. It's gone up another notch today.

27 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

In pre-PA arse licking days it used to be the Evening Tele that brought the excitement. Seeing the headline 'Saints Sign .............' any day of the week without any forewarning was almost as good as Christmas. 

Random no offence but you have no idea who we are signing or interested in. Have a Wee chuckle when you say "we are not signing .....".

I'm not claiming to be ITK (on this one), it just seems like complete common sense to say we won't be signing Ciftci. His fee plus wages will be equal to May, and that was beyond us.

28 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Random no offence but you have no idea who we are signing or interested in. Have a Wee chuckle when you say "we are not signing .....".

Aha...so we ARE signing Ciftci. You can't fool me...:whistle