Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It's not even about Storey for me (although I'd have happily taken him). It's the timing of letting Kane go out on loan leaving us with Macca, Cummins and MOH (to a lesser extent). He has to have someone lined up but it's difficult not to think he's hastily put Kane out on an assumption he's getting Storey or even Sammon. Surely to f**k I'm wrong though...

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tony Watt signed for some Belgian team. Another name that was briefly linked with us signing elsewhere

For me he would of been the worst of the lot - I know you're not saying we should of attempted to sign him but...

He stinks of a terrible attitude who think's he is much better than he is. He's living off that 1 goal against Barca. 

then the article when he was meant to be helping promote the Scottish Cup...!

Sammon while no world beater is still a player I'd prefer over Watt. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

So was the "more to follow" on the official twitter something that just evaporated (e.g. Storey)? Odd to post that then nothing for the rest of the day. Especially when the only two posts since are about tomorrow's match.

What about someone like Eoin Doyle - would he fit the bill for the sort of player Tommy's after?

Its intensely worrying you plucked his name out the air.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Its intensely worrying you plucked his name out the air.

I dunno - he's that sort of player I sense Tommy admires and I don't think he's played for PNE this season, so you'd think he'd be available and you'd assume we've been in touch with Preston for other reasons. You'll be reassured to know I have absolutely no insider knowledge

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I dunno - he's that sort of player I sense Tommy admires and I don't think he's played for PNE this season, so you'd think he'd be available and you'd assume we've been in touch with Preston for other reasons. You'll be reassured to know I have absolutely no insider knowledge

He spent latter part of last season on loan at Portsmouth. 12 games 2 goals - not sure how many of them were starts etc. 

There's certainly worse options out there if he were to be one!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I'd just cheered up with Sammon signing elsewhere, and now you drop someone equally shite into the equation.

I hate you.