Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

A toxic attitude? The guy has a university degree, and I realise football fans and reporters aren't very good at dealing with players who are intelligent, but Foster is the last player I'd accuse of that.

I think you are trolling.

What does his university degree have to do with his attitude?

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

A toxic attitude? The guy has a university degree, and I realise football fans and reporters aren't very good at dealing with players who are intelligent, but Foster is the last player I'd accuse of that.

I think you are trolling.

Think you're the one trolling. You have a University degree, so instantly you are not an arsehole? :lol::lol:

I don't think there's any chance we won't sign a striker and in fairness, Wright said weeks ago that he was going to wait and see what became available. Would be interesting to know if he had targets in the same way he wanted Alston and Watson, for example, or whether he's always taken a more relaxed attitude. I do hope that after January though, we don't see a repeat of that situation, although clearly we aren't targeting four or five signings this time.

St Johnstone fans would be laughing at any other team that signed Foster.

I don't recall them laughing when County signed him, and he was a bit of a joke figure at Ibrox. He proved he can be a very consistent player in the top flight, so I don't know why anyone would laugh. Decent utility player.

O'Halloran gave Foster a bit of a doing in the second half of the August '15 game, but Foster marked him out of the game in the return fixture in the winter. Whether that was down to stronger fitness post-Rangers or good analysis I don't know, but he went up in my estimation in that game.

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Johnstone fans would be laughing at any other team that signed Foster.

You won't have seen much of Richard Foster in recent years in fairness, languishing away in the lower leagues. 

Aberdeen will do better than us next week, as they won't be shit scared of attacking them. It was sickening how timid we were today in the first half.

Aberdeen will do better than us next week, as they won't be shit scared of attacking them. It was sickening how timid we were today in the first half.

Not a hope in hell. Think you are doing Celtic an injustice in that first half . They were very decent. Powerful, movement, pace, confident etc.

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Not a hope in hell. Think you are doing Celtic an injustice in that first half . They were very decent. Powerful, movement, pace, confident etc.

Celtic were good yes, its the best Celtic team in years, and they actually have a manager capable of motivating them for these games now. Doesn't excuse the fact we were shit scared to move beyond the halfway line for the opening 40 minutes.