Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I've got some opinions of the hammer throwing denizens of Mcdiarmid Park if you're interested? I can also tell you about a time a wee short arse Saints fan ran away from his own shadow.

Yes please m8.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I can also tell you about a time a wee short arse Saints fan ran away from his own shadow.

I'm a member of St. Johnstone's media team. My name is already featured in every match programme. However, if you wish to provide anecdotes relating to my #boxoffice life, I'd be flattered to receive even more attention. Much obliged.

33 minutes ago, Tallerpeople said:

Did a season preview for Saints. Might be shite but constructive criticism and all that is welcome.

https://footballandstuffblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/scottish-premiership-previews-st-johnstone/

Looks quite fair to me and well written. Agree with almost everything there.

I'd say 2 things - we were much better to watch last year. The season before we were pretty rank to watch, but last year there were loads of goals and excitement in our matches, even after O'Halloran's flash in the pan.

I'd also question Wotherspoon not contributing enough on the goal front too. Again, up until last season, you're 100% correct. He managed 10 last year though, which I think it is a pretty good return for a wide player, and has started off with a goal in his first appearance (from the bench) this season too.

Edited by Kyle

34 minutes ago, Tallerpeople said:

Did a season preview for Saints. Might be shite but constructive criticism and all that is welcome.

https://footballandstuffblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/scottish-premiership-previews-st-johnstone/

Petty fair, most Saints fans would say Chris Millar is our main player (when he's not limping off after 20 minutes!) but doesnt seen to get the recognition from oposition fans as he's not flashy or score much.

48 minutes ago, Tallerpeople said:

More of these please, I enjoyed the Accies, Hearts and Aberdeen previews too. Have bookmarked your blog.

I applaud that you've managed to say Chris Kane hasn't made the grade in the Premiership in a St Johnstone thread without getting hounded.

A good piece as well - will read the rest.

5 hours ago, Tallerpeople said:

Very well written and shows good knowledge.. If you manage that for all sides then fair play, puts a number of national pundits to shame.

I agree with Kyle, maybe a wee bit harsh saying the football wasn't the best last season. Sure we were poor for that long winless spell in mid-season, but we were top scorers in Scotland for a while around November time, and had some really exciting matches throughout the course of the year.  The season before, yes definitely you'd have been right.

You're spot on about Chris Kane for me, and I'd say many Saints fans would agree. Still young, and he seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders, so hopefully he will keep improving and kick on.

Kane looks physically more capable, you saw the difference with May when he filled out. I still think he's got a shot at being a solid premiership striker and this is a big season for him. Clearly still 3rd choice so needs to make an impression when he can.

Saints lost 3 nil to Man City today.

Scorers for City were Fernandinho, David Silva and Fabian Delph.

City played Hart, Zabaleta, Kolorov, Clichy, Silva, Fernandinho, Sterling, Nolito, Aguero and few young lads to start with.

Then yaya, Denayer, Navas and lot of young lads come on.