Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Not even trolling. There is no way Paul Paton will sign for a side that's not exactly known for paying big wages just so he can sit on the bench. He will 100% be a starter.

If Paton signed then he would get plenty of game time as long as he remained less injured than Millar or Davidson.

What kind of biff are you standfree? No one is a guaranteed starter. Tommy may say to a player that if fit and performing well I'll have you in the team but EVERYONE is a squad player. Absolutely everyone at Saints has been told this because TW ain't no biff like you.

Is it a RandomGuy holiday? Or an actual one where you have to travel more than 2 hours?

Santorini, Greece. I'm going with the family. It's for my cousin's wedding. If she wasn't getting married, we'd probably have headed to Pleasureland in Arbroath again.

Not even trolling. There is no way Paul Paton will sign for a side that's not exactly known for paying big wages just so he can sit on the bench. He will 100% be a starter.

Much like Sutton?

He will need to earn his place and will be behind certainly Davidson and Millar and possibly Alston initially

Santorini, Greece. I'm going with the family. It's for my cousin's wedding. If she wasn't getting married, we'd probably have headed to Pleasureland in Arbroath again.

Very good. Only seen Santorini from the air when flying to Cyprus. Pretty small island, enjoy.

I'm sure he would jump at the chance to sign if he was told he would be a squad player at st Johnstone :lol:

Do you know anything about football? Everyone is a squad player, up to them to make it into the first 11, be that at St Johnstone or Barcelona, same principle different level. Paton has a contract with a championship club who don't want him, of course he would find it appealing to join a top side like Saints.

Alstons a tremendous signing for us, exactly the type of signing you want your club to make and shows real ambition from the club to maintain our level, fair play to them.

Wonder where he'll slot into the side. Wotherspoon is an absolute cast iron starter. Swansons similar, while Muzz is still one of the most reliable CMs in the country. Millars the obvious one to drop out, but we never quite look the same team without him. Maybe Alstons higher goal threat would just be the next evolution for this side?

Unless we plan to go back to a five man midfield.

Clark

Watson - Shaughnessy - Anderson - Easton

Millar - Davidson

Wotherspoon - Alston - Swanson

MacLean

Subs: Mannus, Scobbie, Mackay, Paton, Coulson, Cummins, Kane

Looks a very decent matchday squad for another top half push.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Alston will probably be average/pish for the first wee while. That's not a dig at him - Stewart, holt, McGinn all suffered initially making the step up.

What are the chances of the Saints fans turning on him or are you a generally patient lot?

I can't believe we actually got him! He's exactly the kind of player we should be going for and I'm really chuffed that is paid off.

No compensation either! 

2 or 3 signings to come. To be honest, I'd be happy with our squad as it is going into the league cup matches and I'm struggling to spot too many weaknesses, McKay and Sutton aside. We probably need another centre mid at some point during the window - maybe a striker/defender if Sutton/McKay are moved on as well.

Alston will probably be average/pish for the first wee while. That's not a dig at him - Stewart, holt, McGinn all suffered initially making the step up.

What are the chances of the Saints fans turning on him or are you a generally patient lot?

We're quite a patient lot really. I'm fairly sure he'll get the chance to bed in.