Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

We not got enough defence minded coaches with A goalie as manager; Defender as assistant and defender as 1st team coach.

What we need is a forward coach - bring in McCoist for a few days a week.

True, but if he's on the payroll anyway ....

Didn't see if he was collecting the young lad's lunch money though.

I would prefer not to see McCoist anywhere near our club TBH.

5 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Ok Valentino; 7-2; Tree House Tam not McCoist but some other ex forward who coiuld teach our guys how to hold up a ball; turn a defender and shoot on target.

Your suggestions would be welcome.

Why do we have to name anyone? It wasn't our suggestion. 

We've just brought an absolute baller into the team who knows all those things and more. And as a bonus, I don't think they hold hateful views on Catholics. 

It there's any spare wage money sloshing around it would be better spent on a left back, IMO. 

35 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

84178D03-073F-47CE-82DC-AD6E2D48EAD2.gif.c214462c7cf5bac09de555aade20633a.gif

f**k Aberdeen and f**k Kilmarnock. 

26 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes.

Richard Foster might be an angry wee mentalist, but, on the basis that he spent 3 (mostly decent) years at St Johnstone, he's a better guy than absolutely every c**t in Aberdeen and kilmarnock.

ruh roh   @RandomGuy. 

looks like you've upset some of the villagers mate.

2e8tp4.jpg.ca7c723ec480a98725a2234c5c468461.jpg

I've said before that Billy Dodds could come in a couple of days a week then still do his media work. He's meant to be a very decent forwards coach. 

Not sure what to make of the situation with Anderson. I hope it's right that he's been asked to take a role coaching the young players as the first team were at Stirling today and it's pretty appalling if a club legend is being forced to report to Perth to train with kids. 

Still a bit disappointed about Kyle McClean going, although certainly the manager makes it sound like it was at least mutual. Still not sure why it couldn't have been a loan, even back to the Irish Premiership, where he's supposedly heading. I do accept that McCann, a year younger, is playing a bit deeper than you'd maybe expect him to and that's in McClean's area of the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

I've said before that Billy Dodds could come in a couple of days a week then still do his media work. He's meant to be a very decent forwards coach. 

Not sure what to make of the situation with Anderson. I hope it's right that he's been asked to take a role coaching the young players as the first team were at Stirling today and it's pretty appalling if a club legend is being forced to report to Perth to train with kids. 

Still a bit disappointed about Kyle McClean going, although certainly the manager makes it sound like it was at least mutual. Still not sure why it couldn't have been a loan, even back to the Irish Premiership, where he's supposedly heading. I do accept that McCann, a year younger, is playing a bit deeper than you'd maybe expect him to and that's in McClean's area of the pitch. 

He was in a jacket and the rest were in strips. I took from that he wasn't training with them. To be fair I wasn't there very long. 

I think that if it's understood he won't be playing it's a good use of resource I reckon and if it helps him with post-football options I think it's quite a good idea.

Agree that it's a shame for McClean but understandable if it was his his choice. 

I honestly don't think bringing in a forwards type coach would solve many of Kane's goal scoring problems. 

Of course only my opinion but Kane's issues don't only lie in the fact when we a cross comes into the box that he's not getting on the end of it. (Although you do hear about all the top strikers talking about getting in between the posts etc when the balls coming into the box Kane is NEVER there). 

When a chance comes his way even he doesn't look convinced he'll score. It's in hope rather than expectation even for him. Needs work with someone on his mental side of the game as well as the technical side of it. Lacks any real confidence in front of goal. 

When discussing Kyle McLean in the interview on SaintsTV, Tommy doesn't half labour the point that, despite him signing them on a contract for a set amount of time, he thinks certain players should forget about the money and just f**k off:

All credit to Kyle, shown a lot of maturity and a lot of common sense, he wants to play football and any professional footballer should want to play football, they shouldn't want to sit in the stand and just pick up their money.  So it was decided it was best for all parties, and really pleased to help Kyle move on .. and he can go away and play football, cos ultimately that's the main thing and that's what any professional player should be striving to do, is to play football and give yourself the best opportunity to play football.