Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Templar said:

Had a look at the squad dated yesterday, he is not mentioned. ( https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49505624 ) Does that mean he is not registered to play for tonight's game?. Any idea who he is competing with for a place in the team. Is it Jordan Jones (Rangers)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4683708/st-johnstone-matty-kennedy-northern-ireland-call-up/

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thanks would have never looked in the sun. So the answer to 2 of my questions are there

"As he was born in Belfast and has never made the step up to a full cap, the winger is still eligible to change his nationality with FIFA. The IFA are currently in the process of completing Kennedy’s paperwork for an international nationality transfer, so it’s unlikely he will be registered in time to play in this month’s games. But O’Neill has brought him into the squad early to get familiarised with his new team-mates ahead of an anticipated call-up against Holland and the Czech Republic next month."

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Let's be honest he's not getting near the Scotland squad, fair play to Matty for furthering his career, I think he'll do well.

Just for clarity, I didn't mean I hate seeing Scotland lose players, I meant I hate seeing us call up players with the most tenuous of links. 

Your old man patrolling Divis Street might be the loosest eligibility criteria of all time though.

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

Just for clarity, I didn't mean I hate seeing Scotland lose players, I meant I hate seeing us call up players with the most tenuous of links. 

Your old man patrolling Divis Street might be the loosest eligibility criteria of all time though.

He was born in Belfast, not sure that makes it a tenuous link tbh.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

On another note, I've released a new song. This is shameless self-promotion and you don't even have to listen to it, but a click would be much appreciated. I'm aiming for 1k views by the end of the month.

Decent tune

32 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Screenshot_20190905_174726.thumb.jpg.0f159afbdbd26d148ac447e96f853138.jpg

Looks like hes one of the same group who spent the past month with the "sign Dayle Robertson" patter.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I sincerely hope that I am on the database (or my dad). 😕 I'm coming up north specifically to see us pump the ****.

I have Saints TV, and buy tickets online every week, yet have the feeling I wont be on the "database", because I've not filled in a form at the ground.

Something getting missed there.