Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ralston officially signed now...

Thats why I wasn't letting you have your hope of it being papertalk... Couldnt leave the false hope. 

It was a done deal by the time we kicked off on Saturday. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Were Gallagher (CB/RB) and Polworth (CM) not big targets? @PauloPerth

Two signings I'd have been very happy with, I should add. It is not a criticism if we can't afford them but it is fair to question why they then don't bring in players even approaching similar to them, no? It gives the impression of a scattergun approach. 

We are trying to make a meal without all the ingredients at the moment and there is only one outcome when that happens, it tastes shite. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

Do you not think that's a decent team? Cut out individual errors and I think that's ok.

On paper yes, but we can't play out from the back and while players like Kennedy, MOH and Swanson are great on the ball they have no intelligence in making runs or creating space for others so can't see us scoring many

and the defence is powderpuff

16 minutes ago, Radford said:

Two signings I'd have been very happy with, I should add. It is not a criticism if we can't afford them but it is fair to question why they then don't bring in players even approaching similar to them, no? It gives the impression of a scattergun approach. 

We are trying to make a meal without all the ingredients at the moment and there is only one outcome when that happens, it tastes shite. 

Glad you mentioned that pair. Two targets who would walk into our starting XI now that we missed, and who are now paying for or a similar  sized club who we finished above last season.

There needs to be another two signings today IMO. Ideally Jason Holt and  a left sided centre back/LB to strengthen those positions.

10 minutes ago, Radford said:

Yes I forgot about them.  

Isn't that down to the manager though?  He has a budget and is left to get on with how he wants to spend it?  He chose Vihmann when Gallagher fell through. And currently no one instead of Polworth, for whatever reason.  The pursuit of May over the summer seems to have been almost obsessional for Tommy.  But there is no denying centre forward was the weakest part of our squad would you not say?  Possibly that has meant we have to compromise in other areas.

The balance of our squad in terms of quality and experience does seem a bit disjointed, but still more than capable of mid table.

Out of interest, what signings (position wise) today would make you deem it an acceptable window?

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ralston is a good player IMO the best we've gave you lot on loan.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Guys is fine for this level already just badly needs games, I think he would have played a lot more for us by now if he did wasn't so injury prone.

With the greatest respect, every young player that comes out your system is fucking hopeless, tactically/positionally, once they hit the adult game. Fisher was hilariously bad until we sorted it out.

We cant afford yet another project player who'll take 5 months to learn the basics of the game.

It's a good move for Celtic and Ralston.